SIX

having missed the sun since moving to forks, jasmine was glad when the first sunny day in awhile came up. she laid on top of the picnic table, sunglasses over her eyes while resting her head on jessica's lap. the two of them were basking in the heat, while bella sat on one of the benches, looking around for edward cullen.

"he's not here," her brunette friend pipes up, sending bella a knowing look. "whenever the weather's nice, the cullens disappear."

"what, do they just ditch?"

"no, um. doctor and mrs cullen yank them out for like, hiking and camping, and stuff. tried that out on my parents, not even close."

angela joined them after she finished talking, patting jasmine's head playfully before saying, "i'm going to the prom with eric. i just asked him, i took control." the excitement in her voice causes jasmine to smile pumping a fist triumphantly while her friend hugs bella, thanking her for the advice.

"woo, way to go ang!"

the girls laugh at her outburst, followed by jessica giving her a confused look, asking, "what about you? has anyone asked you out, yet? or, are you going with someone already?"

this draws attention from the other two, and they all give her looks that make her sigh.

"i don't think i'm going to prom."

"what?! you can't just not go to prom! it's prom! we need to take group photos, and look hot as hell, and have the time of our lives!" her short friend exclaims, lips pouting in faux betrayal, eliciting laughter from the witch. she readjusts herself  to where she's leaning on her elbows, no longer resting on jess's lap, and sends her a sheepish smile.

"i'm sorry, i just really didn't plan on going. before we moved, i was really excited to go to prom with my friends, but i'm just not that into it, now."

"that's not an excuse! you're going to prom with us! has anyone asked you, yet?" she demands, and seeing the determined looks on both jessica and angela's faces, she sighs. jasmine shakes her head at them, getting up and grabbing her bag because she knew the bell was about to ring. "well, i'll find you a date! anyways, you're coming shopping with us to find dresses before all the good ones get cleaned out, okay? we'll be going to port angeles."

"port angeles? can i come?" bella questions, a new expression on her face showing she had an underlying motive to going, making jasmine raise an eyebrow.

"uh, yeah, i need your opinion," angela says, smiling, and the four of them walk off to get to their next class.

jasmine made sure to send her younger sister a text, asking if she wanted to go with them, but cecilia almost immediately said no. she wasn't planning on going to prom unless all her friends wanted to when she became a junior, considering she had also been looking forward to prom at their old school.

so, she ended up dropping cecilia and alex off at the house before leaving, taking her purse with her just in case she wanted to buy something either for herself or one of her siblings.

bella ended up just sitting around in a chair the whole time, not even bothering to try on dresses with the others.

"jasmine, you have to try this on. it would be so hot on you," jess pleads, holding up a maroon dress to the graves girl. she and angela were already wearing dresses that flattered them greatly, those being the dresses they were probably going to buy and wear to prom.

"come on, please, just go try it on."

"alright, okay, fine, i'll go try it on," she concedes, causing her friends to cheer as she rolled her eyes and ducked into the changing room. the maroon dress wasn't that complicated to put on, and it was pretty flattering, but jasmine just didn't feel that comfortable wearing it. it showed off too much cleavage for her to feel comfortable in it, and she kept trying to pull it up to cover more of her chest, but it just wouldn't cooperate.