you

t was winter. Louis hated winter. Winter meant snow and ice and all things cold and wintery. Louis despised all things cold and wintery.

Winter was stupid.

Although, to be fair to winter, this was really all Niall's fault. Because apparently Niall thought it would be fun for them to go skiing at Lake Placid, New York. Except when Louis had agreed to go he stupidly assumed he would be making the five hour drive with Niall, making it a fun road trip of sorts. Anything could happen with Niall after all. At the time, Louis didn't know they would be driving separately and a day apart.

But to be fair to Niall, Louis had been just fine making the trip by himself. It wasn't Niall's fault that Louis had to work an additional day than what was originally planned. There was no reason Niall should have to stay behind in the city just because Louis had to work. Louis hadn't really thought of the ramifications when deciding to drive by himself though.

So really this was the fault of the car rental company who obviously gave Louis a car with defective tires to rent. Well, SUV, despite requesting a smaller car. Louis really had no desire to upgrade the size of the vehicle and yet here he was in a black SUV that would usually be driven by celebrities, rich people and anyone but Louis. He was just fine driving a Honda, or Toyota or something else that was more efficient... And had smaller wheels.

Changing a tire really didn't seem like that difficult of a task. It had been years though, and he was with other people at the time. But now he was driving an unwanted SUV and Louis suspected that getting the spare tire out from the trunk would not be an easy task to accomplish on his own. Not to say he couldn't do it. He was in great shape and would have no problem changing a tire as he followed along with the YouTube tutorial.

But it was cold. And snowing. And all things wintery. And since Louis had plenty of gas to keep the heater on, he had time to sit in the car and contemplate his stupidity of thinking skiing would be fun. In the fucking cold winter air of Lake Placid.

Louis sighed, eventually resigning himself to the fact that he was going to have to change the tire on his own. Why couldn't he have gotten the roadside assistance when he got his rental? Of course, he was in the middle of nowhere and it probably would have taken them hours to arrive. On the other hand, it may take hours for Louis to change the tire. But he would prevail and be able to tell the tale of how he changed his tire in the middle of nowhere New York in the cold snowy weather.

In all honesty, he really didn't want help. Who knows who could end up stopping and Louis had no desire to be pushed out of the way by some alpha thinking Louis was a helpless omega who couldn't change a damn tire on his own.

Louis pulled on his gloves and secured his beanie. He had this.

He popped open the back of the SUV and tossed his luggage out of the way to make room to dig out the spare tire. As expected it was fucking heavy, although not as bad as Louis was assuming. He rolled the tire around to the back drivers side. Couldn't he at least have the flat tire on the passenger side of the car so he could work in peace without people passing him with their judgemental looks? Louis had reviewed the YouTube video but he wasn't sure it would be enough to make this a quick job.

He would fucking prevail.

Louis groaned when he noticed an SUV pulling off the side of the road. Just, please don't be an alpha who thinks he the master of everything. Louis may exude confidence with his friends but he honestly wasn't very good with strangers. He blamed it on the omega within him. He truly didn't mind being a male omega... accept for the times when he did.

"Do you need any help? Or would you like any help?"

It was an alpha. Because of course it was.