Chapter 1

My little brother came bursting into my room. "D.J.! Someone is on the phone for you!" He tossed me the phone. "Hello?" I asked. "Hey dude! It's Lilly! I was wondering if you would like to come over for a sleepover tonight!" She sounded over excited. "Um... Sure. Why no..." She cut me off. "Great! See you tonight! Bring a sleeping bag and a pillow. Nothing else unless needed. We'll be in the forest behind my house." She hung up. She was very quick with words and somehow knew the answers to everything." Mom, I'm going out tonight. For a sleepover." I said, walking down the stairs." Where?" She asked. "Oh uh... At Lilly's. She invited me." I opened the fridge, reaching for a can of Pepsi. "Mom! How come he can have a pop and I can't!" My twin brothers Jack and Jeff shouted at the same time. They both always talked in sync." Because he is older and mature." She looked at them sweetly. "Yeah." I agreed. I always got away with thing, being the oldest and all. I had 5 siblings. 2 twin brothers Jack and Jeff, my 2 sisters Aria and Laverne and my baby brother, Alexander. He was only 10 months." Well, can I have one?" They asked. "At super. Your brother is going out tonight so, we'll have tuna." My mother explained. The boys shouted and continued to play. I was allergic to fish so, couldn't eat it. Every time I go out, they eat fish. "It's fine darling." My mother hugged me. "I know." I mumbled. Just the thought of it killed me. Theoretically that is. I walked back upstairs to pick out a pillow and my sleeping bag. My sister, Laverne followed me down. She was deaf and was very curious. She was homeschooled. Lucky her. "Where are you going?" She asked. "Sleepover." I said, looking at her. She was a pro at reading lips. She nodded and followed me to the laundry room. "When?" She asked. "Tonight." I reached up, grabbing my comfiest pillow. I asked Laverne to hold it while I pulled down a warm blanket. She hugged the pillow and smiled. She loved hugging soft things. That's why she has 8 different human sized teddy bears in her room. On her bed. How does she sleep with everything on it? I have know idea. We walked upstairs and she handed over the pillow and hugged me. "I love you." She kissed my cheek. She is the only non crazy child in our hole family, besides me. She ran over to Aria and played dolls. Jack and Jeff walked over to me, both having their hands out in front of them. "Can we have 2 dollars each to go to Little Shore Stop?" They asked. I sighed and shook my head. "It's my money." I walked upstairs to change into something warmer for tonight. I was actually very excited. Lilly is one of my best friends. I hope I wasn't gonna be the only one with her. I've heard horrible stories about that forest. Deaths, screams and sometimes, moving, unknown objects.