Video Games (America)

"Mom, wanna play Halo!?" You sighed.
You can hear the hope in his voice and you scold yourself.
Every time he asks you say no. "Too busy with work." You'd say. "Too tired."
It's time to change that (Y/n). You thought to yourself. You open your eyes to your reflection and clench your fist. "Time to be the awesome mom you are!"
Everybody can tell where Alfred gets his dramatic and loud personality from.
Ever since he turned thirteen people began realizing how much.. Alike... You two are.
"MOM!"
"IM COMING, CHILL DUDE."
And people scold you for your parenting. "She calls her son dude?!" "Why can't she act her age?"
You used to let it get to you. It would hurt your heart, worrying if Alfred would turn out the man his father was. A gentleman, brave and proud.
You shook the thoughts of your late husband out of your head as you walked down the stairs to the living room. She looked to her son with his golden hair with a stubborn cowlick and his sky blue eyes. Alfred shook his Xbox 360 controller in front of your face yelling that you should play Halo with him.
You sigh.
He looks down, thinking that you'll deny his request.
"Which one? You have to be more specific, dude." You smiled a award winning smile and he reflected it back to you.
"YOU PICK! We have Halo 4, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo ODST, Halo Anniversary.."
"I've always have favored Halo Reach."
He put the disk gently in the tray of the Xbox 360, turned to you with a smile and handed you a full black controller while his hand holds a black and grey.
You look down at the controller in your hands knowing that it's the best one out of the many you had.
"Thanks mom!"
"No, Alfred..." You think of the happy memories that you've had with your son and that he pulled you through dark times.
"....Thank you..." You mumbled.