The Ice Breaker

Storms aren't normally that bad. Hurricanes might be worse, but Blizzards are a different story. Especially this Blizzard. Known only as Super Blizzard, it formed during 2012 in the Mid-Atlantic, New England. After the Blizzard ended, things were never the same. Now, a frozen waist land known as the Artic Zone, our story starts in New Jersey at a place called Artic City.

A feminine figure jumped from the 10th floor of the building and landed in the snow. She is wearing a black winter shirt, pants and boots with black gloves. A red winter track jacket and scarf. She has a mask on that looks robotic, which is silver and looks like it's made from two pieces. The eyes on the mask glow blue while the eye piece is black. On the mouth plate are vents. Her mask is very Gundam like. Her hair is white like snow and shoulder length.

She looks at what is in the shoulder bag she has. It's full of random computer parts. She looks around and sees a trade shop. Great place to get rid of parts or scarp or junk you don't want. She walks to the trade shop.

Everyone looked at her. Some were in aw and some looked scared. She pays no mind to it. She has a reputation of no respect, and if you cross her path for the wrong reasons, that was your last mistake.

She puts her bag of scarps on the table. One of the traders who works at the trade shop looks at them. "You find good scarps, say Everest, what is your secret." "Let's just say, I'm that good." She spoke. The trader gives Everest a small bag with some odd amount of money. She takes it and leaves.

She went to a food court where they have a pizza place, southern food, Asian food, Latino food, and others. She went to the one with the name Burrito Blizzard.

"It's nice artic day here is Artic City." The radio plays. "Hey Mick, you still open?" Everest asked. A man around his late twenties went to the window. "Yeah, still open. What can I get ya?" She puts a metal take out box on the counter. "Chicken Quesadilla with Queso dip." He gives her a small paper hot cup of queso that warms. He takes the box and puts in a Quesadilla with chips. He closed the box and gave it to her. She pays for the food. "Thanks, Mick." She told him. "Anytime."

She walks to a Snow Bus Stop. "Well, honestly, we are forever stuck in this Artic state, no thanks to Super Blizzard." A speaker played. This is normal for people to take about Super Blizzard.

A bus arrives, and she gets on. She looks at the digital map and puts in where she wants to go. She takes a set and relaxes for a bit. "No, I'm not saying we can't come out of this. Everything has changed forever because of the blizzard." The speakers on the bus play. Everest tuned it out. She is sick of hearing about the blizzard.

After a while, the bus stopped at her location. She gets up and leaves the bus. "I remember the good old days before Artic City was Sea Isle City." Was the last bit she had before getting off the bus. "Have a nice day." She ignored the driver and went home.

She sees a 2010 Chevy Tahoe and goes to it. Everest opens the door and enters it. All of the seats but the front seats are down, all of the windows but the one Everest just entered from are covered by thick blankets, towards the back of the Tahoe is a hammock which Everest uses for sleeping. There is also a small heater that can be opened for burning things. She turns on the Tahoe and the heater which greets her with nice warm air.

She looks out at the frozen waist land that is Artic City. She takes off her mask and eats her dinner. When she finished, she put the dip cup and burned it. She got in her hammock and went to sleep.

At a military base, a door opens, and a Caucasian man in his mid twenties and dark brown hair enters. He is in basic military uniform. On the right side of his chest is says "U.S Arctic Corps" on it, and on the other side, it has his last name "Jackson" he sees his two friends in the room. One is a Caucasian man in his also in his mid twenties with dirty blonde hair and his name tag says "Waston" and a Latina American girl in with black hair with her name tag says "Daiz" He sits next to his friend. "Do you guys know what's going on?" He asked. Diaz replied with. "Not a clue." An older man in his late thirties enter the room his name tag says "Wingman" he looks at Jackson, Watson, and Diaz. "Good morning, soldiers." "Morning sir, mind if I ask why you asked us to come here?" Watson asked.