Chapter 20

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

I made it to the testing site with the rest of my class and raised an eyebrow when I saw our teachers. I heard it was supposed to be robots, this is way to suspicious.

"Alright, listen up." Mr Aizawa took the lead and the class stopped chatting. "During this final exam you'll be fighting against-"

"Robots!" Denki and Ashido cheered but then Principal Nezu popped out of Mr Aizawa's scarf.

"Not exactly. You see, based on the increase in villain attacks we decided we want you to have more practical experience. So instead of fighting robots you'll be in teams of two, against us teachers."

"Sorry to interrupt Principal Nezu." I said, raising my hand, "But is this safe? I understand the logic of wanting to give us practical training but these are real Pro's."

"I hear your concerns Ms (L/n). And don't worry about it, all teachers will be wearing specialized weights made by the support course." I nodded and stepped back, listening to the teams. Once Bakugo and Midoriya were teamed against All Might I realized my name was never called.

"(L/n) you'll be fighting against me by yourself for the last round." Mr Aizawa said and I blinked in shock. Either Mr Aizawa has to much faith in me or he's setting me up to fail right now...

———————————————————————————

I made my way into the arena and looked around. Honestly I should probably try and get on the rooftops then make my way for the exit. He's either up there or hiding out somewhere.

"(Y/n) (L/n), practical exam start." I walked a few steps in and made my way into an alley so I could use the windows to climb up. I made it to the top but still couldn't see my teacher. That was, until a capture scarf wrapped around my wrist.

"Lesson one, don't come into your enemies domain." I turned around and narrowed my eyes. He was holding onto the scarf in a way so that if I yanked on it I wouldn't choke him.

"I don't need..." I pulled hard and sent him off balance enough that I was able to loosen myself from the scarfs grip. "Any sort of help."

"This may be a practical test but it's still an exam. And I'm still your teacher." Mr Aizawa leapt across the rooftop and I dodged his attack, nearly stumbling off the building. I jumped onto a trash can and made my way down, beginning to run through the street but keeping one eye on the pro hero following close behind. The capture scarf came at me again and this time I was ready. I grabbed it and pulled as hard as I could, he stumbled off the roof (your in pretty much the same arena as Yayorozu and Todoroki, these are 1 story houses) and even though he still managed to land on his feet I farted behind him the moment he landed and managed to knock him to the ground.

"That was to easy."

"Don't get cocky, your just like your mother." I stopped for a moment.

"Why do you always bring her up?"

"You lost concentration." Mr Aizawa managed to get up and he attacked again. I reached for the handcuffs on my belt and dodged under his swing just barely missing the chance to cuff him. The exit is still to far away for me to make a break for it without causing a distraction... what can I do?
"Giving up?"

"Like hell I will." I reached into my belt and pulled out a flash bang. Before Mr Aizawa realized what I was doing I pulled the pin and booked it. Out of the corner of my eye I could see the light but the entrance was so close. He was right on my heels but I managed to step through the gate right as he caught up.

"(Y/n) (L/n) exam pass." I collapsed onto the ground on exhaustion and pumped my fists in the air.

"Good job." I grinned and laid one arm over my eyes, the other across my stomach. Holy fuck... I just did that.

———————————————————————————

"Really mom? Ice cream and pickles?" I set my backpack down on a chair and mom turned around from her spot on the couch, pointing her spoon at me.

"Honey talk to your grandpa, when I was pregnant with you the only thing I wanted were skittles on pepperoni and spinach pizza."

"Don't you mean and pepperoni and spinach pizza?"

"No."

"Ew." I sat down next to her and she opened up her arm as an invitation to cuddle.

"We haven't talked much since you started UA. How are things going?"

"Good. I totally crushed my final exam."

"That's good." It was silent for a moment before mom spoke up again, "I know lately I've seemed hesitant about you achieving your dreams and I'm sorry. But being a hero is dangerous and I've been so scared that something will happen to you." I expected to feel some sort of resentment but there was nothing. I just sat up so I could look her in the eyes.

"I know, but I'm getting stronger, I really am. And Denki is there to help me, in fact we help each other."

"That's good. He really is a nice boy firefly." I felt my cheeks warm but decided to play it off as the nickname which was one from when I was little.

"Ugh, that nickname really?"

"You never let me be cheesy anymore." She pouted and I blew a strand of hair out of my face.

"Ok, I'll let you call me that again if you answer me something."

"Sure thing."

"How do you know Eraserhead? He's mentioned you a few times and even said I'm a lot like you while we were fighting in my exam." Mom hesitated for a moment.

"We were... friends in junior high. Let's just say we got into a bit of a fight and then I found out I was pregnant with you so I left to be homeschooled for a while and we never really made up." I nodded but felt as though she wasn't telling me the whole story.

"Thanks mom. I was just curious."

"No problem firefly."

"Aaand instant regret."