Part 3

It has been 2 days since Chase has gotten my phone number. We have been getting along well, talking during classes. I really enjoy talking to him, I don't think he knows it but he always knows exactly what to say at the exact right time. 

I was sitting in Physics. 

"dude this teacher has no idea what he's talking about," Chase whispers to me. Even though I don't enjoy that he called me dude, I still giggle at his comment. 

"exactly," I whisper back to him. We keep talking throughout class until it is time to go to lunch. My favorite time of the day. I go to lunch, and on my way I see Chase heading to the office. I wonder what he's doing. He's probably just going home early. 

I was sitting with my friends, enjoying my lunch when the loudspeaker comes on, and I recognize the voice right away. 

"Hello...I know I'm not the regular person that is up here talking but I am Chase, Chase Richardson, and I have a very special question to ask," I look at Evelyn, with a confused look on my face, but she doesn't look bothered. 

"There's this girl....she's got these eyes and this smile- she's just beautiful inside and out. So, Natalie, Natalie Larson. Will you go to homecoming with me?" I look at Evelyn with a shocked look on my face.

"Go! Go to the office!" Everybody tells me. I nod and stand up, walking to the office. I see him holding a sign that says "I may not be Troy Bolton, but can I have this dance at homecoming?"  I didn't know this, but the loudspeaker is still on when I say 

"yes I'll go to homecoming with you" I smile and he walks over and hugs me, kissing my cheek. I kiss his cheek, smiling widely. I whisper in his ear.

"I didn't know you liked me" 

"well...surprise" I smile and hug him again. 

---

Later that night, I am snapping back and forth with Chase. There is 1 more week until homecoming and we just ordered the things that are flowers or whatever. For this dance, I just got a very pretty, satin, short, dark green dress. 

I should probably tell my parents that I have a date- definitely not my brothers they would freak out.  So I decided to tell my parents and sisters during dinner.

I set my fork down, "mom, dad, I have to tell you something," they both look up from their plates, and I can tell that the girls are paying close attention.

"I have a date to homecoming," I say, releasing the breath I didn't know I was holding. 

"what!" My sisters yell, as well as my dad.

"do we know him?" my mom asked

"well you've most likely seen him working," I say 

"Where does he work," 

"Pick N' Save," I say

"oh I forgot guys, we need to get cupcakes for Ellies' team," My dad says, most likely wanting to see if we could find Chase. I laugh as I finish my dinner, knowing that we would all be taking a trip to the grocery store this evening.

Once I head upstairs to get my shoes before we leave, I text Chase. 

are you working tonight?                                                              

delivered 6:27 pm

read: 6:30 

yea, why?  

delivered 6:31 

read: 6:31 

I told my parents about homecoming and now they are forcing the 5 out of 8 of us to go grocery shopping "for Ellie's team" 

wait! WHAT! I'M MEETING YOUR PARENTS! 

yes, I know I know. I tried to stop them. but they didn't listen, they were too excited. 

ok-ok um well I'll be here.

Ok, bye Chase <3 

See you soon Nat <3 

I get in the car, regretting my choice of telling them. We make the very short drive to Pick N Save, and we all walk in. Once we are inside, I immediately spot him. But of course, I don't say anything. We walk to the bakery section 

"as you guys are going to embarrass me tonight, can you at least buy me a cupcake?" I ask, very sweetly.

"fine." My parents sigh, but this is what they get. 

Once we get a cupcake, and a couple of cases of water, as well as cupcakes for my sisters, we walk to the checkout lane. I take the lead and walk to the one he's working at, but don't tell my parents which one is Chase. Once we get everything paid for, my family starts walking out.

"I'll meet you in the car," I whisper in my mom's ear. 

"ok!" She says, walking out holding Ellie's hand. I walk back to Chase and stand there, as there are not many customers. 

"Hellooo" 

"Hello, nat," He says, kissing my cheek. I smile

"so, I was just confirming...there's eight of you?" he asks me.

"yep. there's my mom, dad, Ellie, Elise, and then you didn't see my sister Emerson, and my brothers Austin and Nick"

"you have brothers-"

"yes, why?"

"Are they older?" 

"yes...why?"

"oh god, I'm screwed."

"no, you're not. well they're waiting for me, ok bye have a good night" I say, kissing his cheek and walking out.  I get in the car and everybody stares at me.

"Which one is him!" they all yell at me

"the bagger," I laugh. 

"the bagger! ugh, he is really cute!" Elise yells

"oh be quiet he's mine!" My mom drives home and we all end the night by watching a movie, Encanto to be exact. I don't know, it's a new Disney movie Ellie wanted to watch. I thought that it was ok, but I would never really want to watch it again. 

I walk upstairs to my room, with Ellie beside me. I walk her to her room and watch her as she walks around, putting things away. 

"Hey, Nat?" she asks me

"what's up?" 

"I'm really happy for you," 

"with what?" 

"your grocery boy  "

"oh be quiet" I smile when Elise walks in

"what's his name?" she asks, sitting on Ellie's bed

"his name is Chase," 

"When will we get to meet him for reals?" they both ask

"probably when he comes here before we leave for homecoming" 

"Yes!" I laugh. 

"ok, you guys need to go to bed before mom yells at you guys," 

Elise runs out of Ellie's room and into her own, and I walk to mine. I snap with Chase back and forth for a while, before I go to bed. 

I send him a photo of me, looking very tired, with the words "ok. i'm going to bed before my eye sockets fall out. goodnight <3"  1 minute he responds with a full face photo "goodnight nat, get some good sleep. and i don't want those beautiful eyes of yours to fall out. see you tomorrow <3" I smile softly, before turning off my phone and going to a very peaceful, deep sleep.