You Get Me So High

Draco had never been a fan of smoking; cigarettes or marijuana. Both had a distinct, almost painful smell that seemingly burned the back of his nasal cavity whenever he would get an accidental whiff. To him, it was simply an unbecoming habit that seemed absurdly unnecessary.

Chuckling to himself, Draco takes a drag of his blunt, the wrap had a light raspberry flare and he inhaled it gratefully. The marijuana had been a 'happy divorce day' gift from Theo, and at the time Draco had scoffed heartbrokenly, swearing he'd never use it, that it was a waste of product.

"Just hold onto it, mate." Theo had said, averting his eyes from Dracos. "Save it for a rainy day."

To his dismay, the final day of filing the paperwork for his separation began with a light misting, that turned into a gentle pattering of rain. He absently thought about how once he returned to his now empty manor, he should owl to Theo, curse him out for somehow knowing exactly how it'd play out.

Releasing his air, Draco watches the smoke exit his lips and twirl, dissipating into the lightly humid air. Draining his neck and holding the blunt inches away from his mouth, he peers around the outside landing of the bakery he currently occupied, his presence being the only one.

No one wanted to sit outside on rainy days, even if there was a patio covering, and he supposed he couldn't blame them. He'd much rather be inside, sitting in the back boothhe normally shared with his wife- ex wife, he reminded himself - but the booth had been occupied when he arrived by a younger couple, obviously still in the throws of their youthful romance and he refused to disrupt them.

He needed to smoke his celebratory blunt anyway.

"Draco." It wasn't a question, it was a statement, announcing his name to further announce her presence and obvious annoyment.

"Hello Hermione," he replies, taking another drag and gestures to the empty chair across from him. "Do sit."

She gives him an annoyed glare, her right hand perched stiffly on her hip, left toe tapping harshly until she concedes with a huff, plopping herself down in such an unladylike like way that he snorted.

Ignoring the sound he made, she gingerly picks up the menu. "I see you've picked up smoking?" She says, her voice disapproving.

"Occasionally," he replies, glancing at the roach between his fingers. "Few weeks ago. You would know if you came to pick up your things but..." he lets his voice carry on, not finishing the thought, and he reveals in the burn on her cheeks. She should be embarrassed,he's happy she is; there was no way he was going to let her off easy.

"Yes, I'm sorry about that." She replies, eyes scouring the menu. "The land lord at the apartment had left the wrong set of keys so Ginny was helping me track them down and it was just easier to send Harry."

"Right, of course." Draco says, watching her flip a page. In his very light defense, Potter had looked seldom when he showed up at Malfoy Manor, scratching that head of unruly hair and stating he was there in place of Hermione.

"Er, malfoy, for what it's worth," Harry had said after he'd moved the last box, a clumsily tapped box containing her limited amount of kitten heels. "I am sorry. I know we were never friends, and you were a down right prat in school, but, you didn't deserve this."

Draco had just starred at him until his awkwardness got the better of them and Harry had driven off, leaving Draco with a lump so large in his throat he could barely breath.

A waitress stood at their table to inquire Hermione of her order, and she snaps the menu shut, back straight like she's about to give a presentation, and his chest aches.