Labin-tatlo: Key

JISOO'S POV.

"How's Lisa, Chu?" My brother asked eagerly while holding both of my shoulders.

"Arghh, let me go, dumbshit," i answered obviously annoyed at how this bitch is shaking me vigorously.

"Tell me how was Lisa!" He asked slightly yelled.

"She's fine, okay?! Do you think I'll be here, watching over your damn crazy and clumsy ass if she's not?!" I snap at him, gritting my teeth at him and pry his hands away from me.

"Geez, don't be so harsh, Jisoo. I'm just worried since she's my responsibility, okay?"

"The heck?! She's also my responsibility, you moron. Besides, Jennie's with her. For sure she's stuck with her since she's afraid it might happen again." I retorted.

"Oh, Jennie, that wicked lady. I doubt she's afraid of anything," Kai scoffed which made me giggle a little.

"Well, yeah. She's fearless. Unless we talk about Lisa's glares at her," i thought, chuckling loudly.

"Spill, Chu. I don't like liars," Kai said while giving me a wide smile when he noticed me with a sly face.

I grin at him too remembering how Jennie shivered while talking about how she chickened out when Lisa snap at her few weeks ago.

"Nothing," i uttered shortly.

"I just said I don't like liars, Jisoo." He replied with a frown.

Oh, dear lord, i swear this gay's mood is really annoying. He can pass to be Jennie's replacement when it comes to mood swings.

"It's nothing, I just remembered how you cried when Jennie punch you on the face after you ate her cookies," i lied once again and he slap my shoulder lightly.

Not gonna lie tho. It's really funny.

We've known Jennie even when we were kids. We were sent by her mother to look after the key for her daughter's safe return to where she really belongs to, and that is beside the almighty god. Although, working under the almighty's orders, both Kai and I don't have any single idea of how does she looks like. Jennie, having a great knowledge beyond every one of us, she's still oblivious of how this every matter works. What's the real reason on why she was casted from heaven by her own mother. Neither any of us know, actually. Jennie don't know how to escape from the punishment given by her almighty mother. It's us, Kai and me, Jennie's father and those jerks who knew how to. We were told not to tell Jennie as for that's one of her punishments too.

The lost of her memories. The coming back to life as a girl that we struggle to tame since she's really a hard headed one. The chains that was mentioned which supposed to choke her. The reason why? Well, i don't know. I've never seen those chains ever since and up until yesterday when someone tried killing my beloved Lisa.

The enemies... That girl from yesterday is one of them. Our enemy.

They are evil who wants to rule the world with their dark intents. They are eager to get rid of Jennie as for they know that just by breathing, they are not able to defeat her. That's why they are chasing over the key so they can finish it all at once without thinking much about their kind's extinction.

Actually, they more likely prefer to call it helping. They just want Jennie to no longer suffer with such punishment. And by no longer suffer, it means vanish from this lifetime.

Yes, that's the escape that i meant earlier. In order for Jennie to go back to her kingdom, she has to die in this world first and for all i know, the only way to do that is to remove the winded chains around her. But oh-well, that's not easy. There's only one person who can do that... And that's someone we have to protect and the reason why me and Kai are sent here with Jennie.

"Chu?" I heard my brother called which i responded with a small hum.

"What will happen after this?" He asked lowly while staring out the window.

"What do you mean?"

"What if it's too late before they found out the real meaning of their existence? I'm afraid of what might be the consequences to the both of us and also to the particular innocent person," he uttered that made me face him.

He also look at me, showing his worried expression.

"Are you scared?" I asked in a calm way.

"Yes, not just for us two, mostly for her. She don't know why this is happening. She don't know why she was left behind by those she dears the most. It's like she's being punished for having this kind of responsibility made by another person's mistakes. Chu, didn't you notice how trouble finds it's way to her more often than before?" Kai asked afterwards.

I avert my gaze from him to the window as i think of his statement.

He's right. For the past months, we often  bump into some jerks who's main intention is to either kill or kidnap our Lisa.

"Maybe because the time is almost up."

"That can't be. Both of them still don't know this whole set up. It must be something else," he retorted with knitted brows.

"I know, Kai. But it's not impossible." I said.

"What will happen after the time ran out?"

"I don't know..."

This whole ordeal makes me sick too. I hope the end of it is opposite of how i see it.

"But if ever we fail, i will never leave her." I added and then i felt a hand on my back.

"I'm with you, sis," he uttered and hugged me gently and i let myself melt onto it.

We may bicker a lot, but i love this stupid gay. After all, he's the only family i ever had.

JENNIE'S POV.

I watch as she sigh for the nth time even in her deep slumber. I've been admiring her ethereal beauty for minutes now, and I can't seem to avert my gaze from her. I smiled when she moved and lied on her tummy, exposing her nape and her shoulder. My eyes automatically search for a certain mark on her left shoulder and that's when my brows furrowed.

The mark seem to appear in different shade. It's no longer dark like those times that i check this.

I was about to touch it when i felt the chain winding on my shoulder, fall heavily on my arm then to the mattress that I'm sitting on.

"Huh?" I asked myself and retrieve my hand from touching the mark to the chains.

"What's wrong with stupid ass metal?" I asked as if the chains would answer me.

I held it with both of my hands but then the part where i held it broke and slowly it turned into ashes.

My brows knitted deeply witnessing this strange situation of the chain. I was about to touch the ashes but then i stop my hands midway when it was blown by what appears to be an air?

Strange because my room is air-conditioned and the windows are closed.

I started to feel goosebumps all over my body. I'm thinking that there's some jerks tryna mess with me again, but i don't sense any presence nor i can smell their stinky asses so for sure no one tried invading my area.

I just shrug it off. I heaved a sigh before standing up and relocating myself to the living room. I flopped my body before gazing upon my once wounded palm due to my careless acts with the scissors. There's no scar left onto it and I'm somewhat relieved. At least i know i still have that ability, y'know?

My hands unconsciously went and grasp the chains. I remember the weird happenings to me again. I still haven't found out the reason behind those and now i witness another weird behavior from these irons.

Should i be relieved that a part of these chains broke? Or should i be worried about the possible meaning behind the shit?

I spent the rest of my night thinking about the situation until i drifted off to my own slumber.

================================
What do you think of Rosé's character guys? Drop your thoughts!