First Day Blues and Detentions

Y/N walked down the hallways until he got to charms class. He was the first one to arrive and sat next to the teacher at the front of the row. The rather short Professor Flitwick seemed uneasy.

This class had the Gryffindors with the Hufflepuff first years. Y/N sat and could feel the teacher eyeing him nervously.

"What are we learning today Professor?" Y/N asked.

"We are learning the light spell lumos today Mr. D-Deimos" the teacher replied back.

Y/N looked at him before lifting his wand just as Hermione walked in the class with Harry, Ron and a couple of other Gryffindors.

Lumos

His wand lit up brilliantly.

Nox

His wand went out.

"Since I already know the spell may I go to the library sir?"

"W-Why do you want to go to the library Mr. Deimos?" The teacher asked still obviously nervous.

"Well firstly you are nervous around me, secondly they" he pointed directly at Hermione without turning his head away from the Professor "have made it abundantly clear they don't want to be anywhere near me. I'd rather work in the library and be by myself than distrupt a whole class full of people who hate me".

The teacher nodded his head. "Very well. Your first assignment will be a two foot parchment on the qualities of the light casting spell. It's due next week, you can start working on it."

"Thank you sir" Y/N said, getting up and walking out the class with his bag on his shoulder, not even stopping to look at the other Gryffindors who were staring at him.

There were a couple who were feeling very sad for the boy.

Y/N sat in the library reading on the light casting spell. Within half an hour he had finished the two foot scroll and started looking through the many shelves of books. One there caught his eye.

Spells for Duelling.

He picked it off the shelf and took it to the Administration desk.

"Can I check this out please miss"

"Madam Pince. And why would Y/N Deimos want a book on duelling?" She asked eyeballing the kid.

Y/N instantly got the feeling he could trust her. She was grumpy and even looked mean, but she reeked of honesty- even if it was an unpleasant honesty.

"Madam, I haven't even been here 24 hours and I'm the most hated kid at the school. I've already been physically assaulted by a prefect. How long til the hexes and curses start".

He sighed.

"I just want to learn how to defend myself".

In truth he knew how to duel. He knew how to hurt people, how to kill people, how to make people beg for death before the end. His mother had given him quite the education. As far as defending himself against a bully, without being sent back to Azkaban that is, on that he was a little unprepared. Bellatrix taught to kill, not to defend yourself.

She narrowed her eyes before checking out the book and handing it to him. He thanked her and left the library. He had a study period starting in a minute so he figured he would sit in the sun and read.

He hadn't been there five minutes when he saw a figure walking passed him who looked really upset. He called out to them.

Harry and Ron were sitting in the great hall at their study period, Harry was trying to figure out how to start his charms assignment, Ron was playing with his rat. Suddenly Neville came in and sat down with a huge smile on his face.