Don't Touch Me

Don't Touch Me (Japan x Reader)

It was a cold December morning, and you had made sure to grab a jacket on your way out of the house. You were good at that kind of thing. You rarely ever forgot anything. You were very responsible, mature, and thoughtful. You always put others before yourself. You liked the way you were. You wouldn't have had it any other way. You were on your way to your best friend - and crush, though you didn't like to admit it - Kiku Honda's house. You had promised him that you would come over that day to watch anime and just hang out for a bit. You and him loved doing that: enjoying each other's company. Though you both didn't talk much, it was like you didn't need to. That's how close you were.

You allowed yourself to smile slightly, wrapping your arms around yourself as you thought back on all of the beautiful memories that you shared with Kiku. You had gotten so caught up in your thoughts while walking, that you didn't even realize that you had already come to his house and were about to pass it up.

"(Y/n)-san? What are you doing?" You heard a familiar, polite voice ask. You were snapped out of your thoughts. You blushed slightly, but then regained your composure and turned around.

"Sorry, Kiku. I was thinking." You explained, not really looking at him as you made your way to where he was.

"You must have been thinking about something really important to not even realize where you were..." He trailed off in a teasing manner and you looked away. 

"I was, actually." You said. 'I was thinking about you.' You thought, looking away. "Hey, did you call me '(y/n)-san'?" You asked in confusion. He usually called you by your first name.

"Ah, yes... I guess it has just felt weird, calling you by your first name only..." He trailed off awkwardly. For some reason, this hurt you a bit, but maybe he just liked honorifics or something.... Yeah. You realized that you had yet to greet him like you usually did. You held your arms out and were about to hug him, but he blushed and pushed you away lightly.

"Uh, (y/n)-san.... Personal space...." He said quietly, his brown eyes concentrated awkwardly at a sakura tree in his yard. You were confused. He was acting so weird! You had thought you were past that point with him. As you had gotten closer to him, he had allowed you to begin hugging him and didn't get flustered when you put your hand on his shoulder to tell him something. You had thought you would have been able to touch him without any sort of negative reaction. And, before that day, he called you by your first name, no problem. But all of the sudden it was as if you had never really known him. You were extremely disappointed on the inside, but you lowered your arms and immediately stepped away.

"Right. Sorry.... I must have.... Forgotten." You said, trying to keep the sadness from lacing your voice, but failing miserably. He looked like he was about to apologize or something, but you didn't really want to hear that. You walked past him.

"Well, it's really cold out here, so if you don't mind, I'm just going to go inside." You stated, walking into his well-heated house. Despite trying to stay rational and logical about what had just happened, you felt hurt. 'Does he.... Not like me? Even as a friend? What did I do to make him so uncomfortable?' You thought, trying to decipher his actions.

"(Y/n)-san.... I uh.... I'm s-" He began, but you cut him off.

"So, which anime did you want to watch today, Kiku? I mean Kiku-san... Sorry." You asked and apologized, walking over to his impressive collection of anime. When he didn't say anything, you looked back at him. He was standing awkwardly. You felt weird. You were thinking about leaving. You got up, looking at him sadly. It really didn't seem like he wanted to be with you that day.

"....Hey, Kiku-san..... I think maybe I should leave. You don't really seem like you want to hang out today." You suggested, looking away so he wouldn't see the sad expression on your face.

"No! (Y/n)-san, you don't have to leave.... Just... I..." He trailed off and your eyes widened as you realized that you were crying. Your hand rose to your heart. It was beating abnormally fast, and it hurt badly. You felt your breath hitch and you turned around, wiping your eyes. You had finally had enough. You were always looking out for others. Just once, you wanted someone to know how you felt. Just once.

"Kiku.... Please..... Just let me leave. Why are you acting so differently? Did I do something? If you can't call me by my name.... And you won't even let me hug you... Then we must not be as good of.... Friends..... As I thought we were. I'm sorry." You said. After that, all you could hear was silence. You turned your face away from him, making your way to the door.

Suddenly, you felt his hand grip your forearm, and your eyes widened. He gently turned you to face him, even though you resisted. You didn't want him to see you cry, even though you knew that you shouldn't have really cared. But you loved him. How could you NOT care?

"Hey.... You didn't do anything. It's me." He said, and at that moment you couldn't help but look up at him. You could visibly see the pain in his eyes when he saw that you were crying. You tried to be strong and you wiped away the tears with the hand that he wasn't holding. Wait... He was holding your hand? You looked back down and sure enough, his hand was gently gripping yours. You looked up at him in confusion.

"What do you mean that it's you? Do you not like me anymore, Kiku?" You asked, feeling dread and pain fill your being at even the thought. He blushed and looked away.

"No... It's the exact opposite of that." He said quietly, and your heart beat sped up. 

"W-What are you saying?" You asked, looking up into his chocolate brown eyes with your (e/c) ones.

"I.... I love you, (y/n). I can't help it.... I didn't want to call you by your name because I didn't want you to think that I was weird and that I might like you... I didn't want my feelings to ruin our friendship. I didn't want you to hug me because I felt like I was taking advantage of the fact that you didn't know that I loved you. I want you to touch me because you love me too, not because you think we're friends and that it's just what we do..." He explained, and you felt your cheeks heat up in a blush.

"D-Do you really mean that?" You asked, looking away a bit. You could tell he was nervous, but despite that, he blushed and nodded slowly. You smiled. "I love you as well, Kiku." You admitted, a blush creeping onto your own cheeks. He looked up at you hopefully.

"Really?" He asked and you laughed a bit and nodded. He gave you a smile, entwined his fingers with yours, and gently placed his forehead against yours. You blushed.

"I'm so glad you do.... So, will you be my girlfriend, (y/n)?" He asked, and in response you pressed your lips softly against his in a kiss. You pulled away and smiled.

"What do you think?" You asked, wrapping your arms around his neck in the hug that you had been longing for all day. He smiled happily and wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Girlfriend it is, then." He replied, and you laughed. You spent the rest of the day curled up against him on the couch, watching your favorite anime until you had fallen asleep. Kiku smiled at your sleeping form and placed a small kiss on your forehead.

"I love you."