Chapter 2

Ongie

As I shift over to the other side, the screeching of my alarm rings across the room. My eyes shoot open as I crawl into a ball before getting up to switch it off. As usual I do my workout and a light jog before heading to the shower and letting the warmth of the water run down my body. After a shower, I apply my lotion and dressing into this:

 After a shower, I apply my lotion and dressing into this:

[A/n: Don't mind the white x on the flannel shirt]

I head downstairs making myself something to eat first, it's just something light, toast and some green tea. I pack away my things before heading back upstairs to brush my teeth, grabbing my keys and heading downstairs to fetch my stuff and leave. I decide to stop by my older brother's workplace since it's been like two to three months of not seeing him. I head to the front desk, admiring the place I am in.

"Hi, how can I help you?" A lady asks as I wash my thoughts away. I look at her, she's about my height, long black hair, heavy make-up and has an hourglass body, she kinda looks like my age too. "Oh, I uh came to see Seungmin, Jeong Seungmin." I say to her, she gives me the ugly look for some reason. "And who are you?" She asks before getting ready to type on her computer. "I am Jeong Ongie, his younger sister." Her eyes widen as she types in my name.

"He's office is on the second floor, down the right hall, it's the second last one." I bow at her before heading my way to the destination. When I get there, I follow her directions down the right hall and reaching the last two offices. There he is, tuned to his computer, a pen behind his ear and his desk is full of paperwork.

I knock on his door, grabbing his attention when a smile pulls up into his face. I missed seeing that face, the only face that shows nothing but happiness and security.

"Yeodongsaeng!" {Little sister!} He pulls me into a hug, his cologne filling my noseholes, I missed his smell. I relax into his arms as he squeezes me a bit, that's his bear hug and I missed that one a lot. I let go of him, looking into his eyes making contact, his smile hasn't dropped. He must've missed me that bad.

"I really missed you." He says taking a seat back in his chair. I take a seat which is across from him. "I missed you too. I can't even remember the last time I even saw you." ¤ "You have grown! How's the therapy thing going for you?" He says going onto his computer again. "It is actually amazing like I expected it to be. I love it, I am in love with this job." I say, rolling my eyes back at the feeling of being a therapist.

"How about you?" I ask him. He turns his thumb down probably meaning he doesn't like the job. "But you have to do it anyway. For eomeoni, appa and Sunoo." The rest of the family lives in Ilsan and I really miss them and I am sure Seungmin does too.

A moment of silence passes as Seungmin finishes some of his work. "Yeah. It's 7:45am, shouldn't you be going to work?" He asks me, my mouth literally drops. Is he trying to get rid of me? "Are you-" ¤ "No, I don't want you to get fired." I plant a kiss on his cheek before waving goodbye and heading out of the building. I loved the chat even though it was for a few minutes.

- 45 minute drive

My first session has started and I am waiting on Mi Cha to arrive. Is there something wrong? I check the time and five minutes have already passed without seeing her. As I am about to get up, the door flings open to reveal a panting young teen. I help her sit on the couch across from me, giving her some refreshment. "Mimmie? Why were you running?" I ask her in confusion. "I overslept and forgot I have a session. Sorry?" I just nod before leaning back.

"Whenever you are ready, we can start."

I grab my phone, checking any new messages from my client as I wait for Mi Cha to gather herself up and to be in her comfortable position. She indicates to me that she's ready so I place my phone away and giving my attention to her.

"Okay, so Mi Cha, last time we were talking about your problem where you think you have depression right? I even asked you questions which lead you to thinking your mom doesn't love you which she does and about your brother almost losing his job and this all lead to them just looking after you. So for today's session, I am going to ask questions about the way you see yourself, how you think other people see you, if the way you see yourself is different to the way others see you and a whole lot. Are you ready?"

She takes a deep breath before nodding. She goes into her comfortable position as I gather up the questions I will be asking her for this session.

- Two and a half hours later

"So, tell me. How do you feel when you hold a knife up to your wrists and slashing yourself with it?" I ask the last client of the day. Today was great, some old clients came thanking me for helping them manage their problems, some clients weren't as difficult as I thought and now I sit with Yan Ae Cha. She is a twenty-year-old, who has a five-month-old baby and is a single parent.

"I feel numb because I have gotten used to the pain of my wrists being slashed every time a murderous thought comes to my head." She says playing with her fingers. "What is the reason for you to be doing these kind of stuff to yourself?" ¤ "Well, I do this sometimes when I feel like giving up because there's a lot of weight on my shoulders and I want to get rid of that weight. Sometimes I do it because when I am depressed I am full-on suicidal."

[A/n: Not to offend anyone going through this.]

"Have you ever thought about the consequences that this leads to?" She shakes her head, tears running down her cheeks. I grab my tissue box, handing it to her before letting her take a moment. "Well the consequences are, you leave your child without a mother-figure because he already doesn't have a father-figure. How will it be for him not having both of his parents? On the other hand, your family? What state will this lead them to, losing a loved one? Sometimes you must just sit down outside on a cold night, look up at the stars and think to yourself, do you really want to do this? Do you really want to end your life because of a specific thing? Because I will tell you this, you may not know it but there are people who you know that love you, your personality, you could be someone who makes their day but you don't know it. Ask yourself these questions to get some better mind at what you are doing." I say to her as she nods, wiping away her tears.

"I get that. I think I will be able to do this."  "Yes! That's the spirit, always be positive, get rid of the negativity." A small smile cracks up onto her face as she wipes the last bit of her tears. I like it when my clients are positive because without being positive, the negativity always crawls over the positive, eating it up so you are left with nothing but the dark world of it. After greeting Ae Cha, I get ready to go home, cleaning up my desk and packing my things away when my phone starts ringing.

It's an unknown number.

"Jeong Ongie, speaking." ¤ "Hello, I am Kim Seokjin. I got your number from one of my friends and I was wondering if you can help me with something." I take my notebook out before paying full attention to the caller. "What do you need help with?" I ask him. "Well my friend who is more like a brother, has gone through a tragic moment a year ago and this it keeps on taunting him everyday and we were wondering if you can help him."

"Okay, do you mind if you tell me what the tragic moment is about?" I ask the caller, writing down everything he has said (not literally everything). "It's not our position to tell it to you, I am sorry." I just nod, knowing that they won't see me. "What is his name?" I grab a pen so I can set an appointment. "Kim Namjoon."

"Okay, umm, I am available tomorrow at... 4:15pm, so he can pop in around that time." I say. "Thank you so much..." ¤ "Just call me Ongie." I say happily. "Ongie, gomawo." {Thank you}

I cut the call before packing the last bit I have before heading out. On the way, I wave Yeseul unnie goodbye before heading to my car and driving home.

I hope this client won't be that difficult.

[Edited
1582]