Chapter 21:

Scarlet's Point of View

Ten minutes later James came out freshly showered and changed. I stared at him in shock, "How did you do that?" I asked astonished.

"Change?" I nodded, "Well first I pulled my old shirt off, then-"

I cut him off laughing, "Lets go." I opened the door for both of us.

//

"There's no way possible that you can hate grilled cheese." James swirled his spaghetti on a fork, and stuffed it in his mouth.

"It's disgusting! How can you eat it? Literally gooey yellow stuff pouring into you mouth." I took a sip of my Pepsi, but James liked Coca Cola better.

"You just haven't ate any good ones then. Have you had mine?" I shook my head no. "Obviously that's why you don't like it. I make a mean grilled sandwich." He grinned proudly.

"Why? Is that the only thing you can cook?"

James put his hand to his heart, "Did you just insult me? The James Rodriguez? How could you?"

We both burst into laughter, then managed to stop. I looked at him again, and both of us cracked up again. "We are going to have to ask you two to leave. We have gotten several complaints from other customers. I hoped you enjoyed the meal." A waiter apologized, then left.

"Hey now we can finish this off with you making me a grilled cheese sandwich." I grabbed James' phone to give it to him, only to have his hand accidentally grab mine.

I flushed red, "Um here you go." I handed him his phone.

"You look cute blushing." James commented.

'You always look cute.' I thought to myself, but only smiled to him in return.

//

We were in James' hotel now, and he was cooking my 'most delicious tasting food I would ever have in my life', as he would say. I was sitting on a stool in his kitchen on my phone texting Antoine and Fernando in a group chat about what happened earlier today, since they were concerned after watching the match. "What's that smell?" I lifted my head up to see James daydreaming. "James you're burning the house down!" I pointed at the smoke coming from his, my, sandwich.

He broke out of his trance, "Oh my God!" He repeated while fanning the smoke off.

I ran to the stove, my ankle throbbing, and turned it off. After both of us fanning the fire away with napkins, we managed to put it out without any help. "We could be firemen." I stated proudly.

"Says you, I nearly peed my pants!" James freaked.

I looked at the clock on the wall, 9:34. "I need to go home James." I sighed.

"No you don't. You can sleep with me again." He gave me a full smile.

"Only because you said so." I followed him up the other side of the room. "Seriously? It's like you want me to sleep with you." I joked once seeing he had a one bed hotel room.

"If you want to sleep on the floor go right ahead." James took his shirt off then went under the covers.

"Do you have sweatpants?" I asked placing my hands on my hips.

"When don't I? Suitcase under the bed." He pointed.

I crouched down, and pulled it out, and zipped it open grabbing a pair. "Thank you!" I ran to the bathroom to change.

I walked back to the bed, and pulled the covers up a little to get under them. "Goodnight James." I whispered.

"Mmhm." He mumbled, placing his arm around me.

My heart raced at the action, but I put my arm on top of his, interlocking our fingers.

//

Authors Note:
This is an extremely short chapter for this book, but I wanted to get one out for it today. I can't wait until Saturday, because that's when all the good teams play. *coughs* Real, Arsenal, Juventus, Atletico, PSG, and Dortmund. Plus the okay teams, basically only Barcelona. Okay byeeee.