CHAPTER 2

There was no turning back. It was as if the world was ending. I let my team down, now I need to be reminded of that by one of Miss Angela's minions? Oh my.

Miss Angela replied, "They won't stand a chance.".

Smirking, she continued. "I know."

Afterwards, the team checked the board. I knew this wasn't going to end well. I got away while I could.

"Seriously, 10th place?" Richelle snarled.

"Hey," Noah put his hand on her shoulder. "It's fine."

She removed his hand. "You expect me to be fine."

"No, I never said that."

"You know what? I'm leaving."

Richelle had been walking over to where I was. I saw anger in her face, and knew I was in trouble. I didn't mean to upset the team, but I did. I can't change the past, so whatever happens, happens.

I see her pointing her finger at me. "This is all your fault! Without you, this would've never happened."

"Look, I'm sorry."

"Sorry, that's not going to cut it. If we don't win there may not be 'the next step' anymore."

Wow. Things just got really deep.

"Okay, um, we can come back from this."

"Not with Miss Angela in 1st place."

Noah glared over and rushed over.

"Richelle calm down."

Richelle takes a breath. "Fine, but if we don't win, I sw-"

Noah pulls her back. "That's enough."

I whisper thank you and he nods. The girl walked up to me again. Looks like the place I was in wasn't so much a hiding spot.

"You, again." I say, annoyed.

"Yeah. Anyway, if you think you can win. You're so d- wrong."

I folded my arms. "Like I haven't heard that before."

I walk past her and bump my shoulder. Feels good to let that out. The team was sitting at the café, just when realizing there were no more seats. Great. I assumed they all saw me because they pulled their chairs closer together. Jacquie had gotten out of her seat.

"What are you looking at?"

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean-"

She smiled unpleasantly. "I think we all know, it was an "accident". She quoted her fingers. "Like we haven't heard that before." She turns around and sits in her chair.

"At least I'm not the one trying to get with Noah behind Richelle's back!"

Oh. That's when I triggered her.