Question

"I thought you knew I was here?" Spongebob said

"No, I didn't. Anyway, why are you here?"

"I could ask you the same question, haha! I'm here because I like the scenery. Jellyfish Field is so pretty at night."

There was a silence after Spongebob finished talking. It was strangely comfortable.

"So, could I ask why you're here?" Spongebob said

I contemplated whether to tell him or not. Finally, I said "I don't know. I couldn't sleep and felt like I should go here."

Of course, I left out the part where I couldn't sleep any night and I was tired of waiting for the morning. Spongebob noticed I was holding a camera and asked to see the photos. I showed him some of the earlier portraits and the most recent photos.

"Wow! I really like that bench photo!"

The comfortable silence set in again as neither of us had anything more to say.

The grass rippled along in waves just like the surface. Out of nowhere, I got the idea to ask Spongebob for a photo. He agreed and seemed rather excited about it. I took his picture and it turned out really nice. The ocean of flowers against the dark water provided a beautiful background when put against the scenery of Jellyfish Field. Spongebob had his usual smile on in the picture. The grass really did look greener.

Click!

We headed home after that. Along the way, Spongebob talked about a movie he watched with Gary and really enjoyed. I also saw the movie a while back so I participated in the conversation from time-to-time.

We were on the street in front of our houses, about to part ways, when Spongebob asked me "Hey, are you alright? You haven't been acting like yourself recently."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me." Spongebob smiled and bid me goodnight. I was confused about what had happened. I had been acting strange?

That question shook me a bit. I wondered what "acting like myself" meant.

a/n- SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER FRIENDS! 

also, i said i would be updating on Mondays, but Mondays are my busiest day so I changed it to Tuesday! sorry lol!