2 • temptation is a bitch

have you ever been mislead? don't worry, me too...

"we're here." maddy announces as she writes something on her phone. her nails hitting the screen with every letter clicked.

i turn the car off, taking out the keys and stashing them in my purse. carefully, i get out of the car; one foot at a time. the other girls follow closely behind me; all except cassie. her and lexi were on the phone before a huge argument broke out and she left. nobody know where she went...

as we walk in, i can't help but shake the feeling that we're being watched.

"i'm gonna go get something to drink. keep your phones on." maddy lectures us before disappearing. the rest of the girls have the same idea, leaving me all alone.

as i push my way through tipsy partiers, i look for something to do. every turn i take its either alcohol, people making out, or my worst enemy; drugs. seeing all of those things plus the blasting music immediately gives me a throbbing headache.

headaches have always been my worst enemy as they lead to me eventually throwing up. i close my eyes and pace myself as i walk before i eventually arrive to the drinks table. grabbing a bottle of water, i shoot it down faster that i could even process. this probably wasn't the smartest idea as my body was fighting the urge to send it all back up.

quickly, i rush to the nearest bathroom. unfortunately, it's already occupied. i knock on the door a few times.

"hurry up. i seriously need to use the bathroom." i speak to whoever's in there before knocking on the door a bit harder. eventually, the girl that was in there comes out but throws me a glare during the process. "fucking cunt." i mutter before stepping into the bathroom and locking the door.

as soon as i get in, everything makes its way back up. i hover over the toilet, letting it all out for a good 15 minutes before getting up and cleaning off my mouth. looking in the mirror, i smooth out my clothes before attempting to look as presentable as possible.

peace and quiet. that's all i need right now...

with those (mental) words, i set off in search of a quiet spot. my feet are legit throbbing due to the height of these heels.

why does maddy insist on buying the most painful shoes?

─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

i've looked through just about every room. the things that i have seen in the process was...uh- rough. finally, i arrive at my last resort, the room at the end of the hall. it was the room furthest away from the party. meaning it has to be the quietest. i open the door, hoping that it wasn't occupied. unfortunately, i was wrong. a guy with dyed curly blonde hair, that was outgrown at the roots; was doing something on top of the washing machine.

"shit, sorry." i mumble, closing the door before the sound of his voice stops me.

"wait- you can come in. i don't mind." he speaks, sliding his body infront of the washing machine smoothly; hoping that i wouldn't notice. even though i did, i decided to brush it off.

"what...uh- what're you doing?" i question, beginning to unstrap my heels. 

"inspecting this washing machine...duh." he lies aimlessly, i raise my eyebrows, finally pulling off my heels and placing my bare feet on the floor.

of what a liar you are...show me what you're up to...

"don't lie." i walk closer to him, a smirk on my face.

"w-what do you mean? i'm not lying." he nervously chuckles. i can clearly see right through him.

"then move away from the washing machine..." i prompt him, my same flirtatious smirk on my face. he sighs before giving in and stepping to the side. when he moves, i'm not surprised by the results.

he was doing lines of coke...interesting. why hide it?

"you're not freaking out. why are you not freaking out?"

i stare directly at the lines of coke. "i've taken stuff harder that this before. it's nothing to me."

"really?" he crosses his arms unconvinced. "then you shouldn't have a problem doing some lines." he hands me the rolled up piece of paper. i stare at it, as my heart rate starts to speed up a bit.

"i uh- can't..." i respond, moving my gaze elsewhere.

"you said you've done harder-"

"i have." i interrupted him. "i just can't right now."

or ever...

he walks closer to me, taking my hand in his. leaning in close to my ear, he whispers. "do a line and ill leave you alone about it; unless...you're hiding something." he places down the roll and backs away. something about his voice is urging me to give in.

one year of sobriety...remember that y/n. you know you want to take the drugs...give in; feel the bliss you've longed for. or dont and look like a pussy. your choice...

"i hate my life." i mutter, hovering over the coke line. i pause, emptying out anything that possibly cause me to stop. leaning over, i close my eyes and complete the line. shooting my head back immediately, i wipe my nose.

there she is!

"happy?" i question him, leaning against the wall. he looks at me, thinking of what to say. instead he holds out his hand.

"i'm elliot, and you are?"

"y/n. don't you think we should've exchanged names before we did drugs?"