Seven

A v a l i n a:

I wake up to the glass door sliding opening, though I keep my eyes closed, trying to figure out who is entering my cell.

"I know your awake Avalina."

At the sound of her voice a familiar hatred bubbles up within me. One that has been ingrained in my brain. I grit my teeth, open my eyes, and sit up to see Natalia staring at me, lazily pointing her gun at me.

"What," she gestures to the cuff I have on my wrist "you couldn't get that one off?"

I shrug.

"Are you going to kill me if I put my gun away?" She smirks.

"I don't do that before six in the morning," I deadpan.

"Right," she says and puts the gun back in its holster before making her way over to me.

She cuffs me again and gestures for me to stand up and follow her. Well, I'm not really following her because I'm walking in front of her and she's just telling me where to go. It really would be too easy to kill her right now, though I have a feeling any of the agents in the hallways wouldn't hesitate to shoot me if I did.

We arrive back into the same interrogation room from the day prior, and again I'm restrained before Natalia sits down in front of me. She places a folder down on the table, the folder Dreykov had given me, full of information about Natalia.

"We found this in you hotel room," she says calmly "who gave this to you?"

I inhale slowly "no one, I got all of that myself."

"No you didn't, there's no way you could get this information. There's stuff in here that even shield doesn't know."

I say nothing. Frankly from this she can probably figure it all out by herself. When I don't respond respond she continues.

"The only way you could get this information is from..." she pauses and I can almost see her putting the pieces together.

Honestly, I'm surprised she didn't figure it out way earlier. Though I guess when you're under the impression you blew someone up you like to pretend that their dead.

"The red room," she breathes.

"Congratulations, you figured it out," I smirk "two points for Romanova."

Internally I'm slightly panicked. She was never supposed to know it was still around.

"But how, I thought I-"

I interrupt her "blew up Dreykov. Well spoiler alert you didn't."

She just stares at me.

"His daughter on the other hand," I shrug "you did blow her up. Which really is a shame. She was so innocent. So no, you didn't blow up Dreykov, you did however kill so many other people. So many innocent people who did nothing to deserve it. But that's what you do I guess. Right? You kill people regardless of whether or not they're innocent or guilty. If someone gets in your way then they die. Your a traitor and a murderer and a monster and that's all. You can pretend to be 'good' but you will never be good. Just like I won't be. You've done too many terrible things, there's no undoing that. So keep playing secret agent, but we all know the truth. You'll never be more than the monster you were made to be."

When I finish my speech I lean back in the chair and smirk, watching the anger, the hurt, flash across Natalia's face. I seem to have hit a nerve which was my goal after all.

Without warning she pulls her gun out of her holster and has it aimed directly at my forehead.

I laugh manically "do it."