Chapter 5: The Plan

They slept.

It had been ingrained within them, an urge to destroy. The powers passed down from generation to generation, starting with the original rare wubbox, would soon be used.

Unfortunately, right now, they were stuck in a box, hidden.

Zyphur had attempted to come out of hiding, but some pesky lower monsters had figured out how to "shut them off", in a way. Now, they were trapped in what they soon figured out was a monster school.

Thankfully, this meant that a lot of monsters came by, and with their powers, they could easily manipulate them into doing their bidding. They selected a random Noggin to hypnotize. Noggins were easy, since Earth elements were easier than others and Noggins were all earth.

Zyphur laughed internally, knowing that they had successfully gotten the noggin, "Ross", away from his friends. Now, they could do whatever they wanted with him, and his friends wouldn't stop them.

There were some slight worries. The pixolotl, Pickle, had apparently been warned of their plans to attack, but he seemed weak. Zyphur was sure that he wouldn't be a problem. They would complete their ancestor's mission.

No one could stop them now.

-----

Pickle nervously sat down in the auditorium, looking at all the people around him. He had gotten some seats next to Torb, Loola, and Rainglow, and the concert was just about to begin. The latter two were laughing and talking, while Torb was scowling with his arms crossed. He hadn't had any dreams lately, but he was still on edge.

He tried to focus on the stage. Matatum, La, and Bap were huddled together, talking, although he was too far away to hear. In the past couple weeks, they had kicked Ross out of the group, and Pickle still felt guilty. "Don't be." Matatum had reassured him. "It was all Ross's fault anyways."

Speaking of Ross, Pickle spotted him out of the corner of his eye on the opposite side of the stage. He had a sinking feeling that Ross was up to something. "I'm gonna go, uh, use the bathroom." He said, letting Torb know that he was leaving. The epic ghazt gave him a nod and he stood up, squeezing through the seats until he made it to a staircase that led up to the stage. He ducked behind a curtain, trying to not get caught.

Taking a quick peek, he saw Ross look around before going into a small door in the floor of the stage, closer to the back where not many people would see. No one seemed to notice, so Pickle rushed towards it and ducked inside as it closed.

He breathed a sigh of relief, hoping no one saw him come inside. It was dusty underneath the floor, but he couldn't sneeze or cough or he would be caught. It didn't take long for him to find Ross again. He climbed up the walls, hanging upside down from the ceiling. The chase was on.

The noggin had no idea he was being followed, and he walked slowly but steadily towards a giant pink box, with just enough room for Ross to sit on top if he didn't mind bumping against the ceiling. A button rested on top, and it looked like Ross was going to press it.

"What are you doing?" Pickle dropped down, landing on his face but quickly getting up and dusting himself off. Ross turned around, shocked. "What does it look like? I'm waking up this Rare Wubbox, and no one can stop me."

He climbed up some boxes and other things lying beneath the stage, probably costumes or other props needed for what might happen above, until he was finally on top of the box. It wasn't just a normal box, it was the Rare Wubbox that Galvana had warned Pickle about.

"Welcome, monsters, to the concert!" Parlsona's voice rang out. It sounded like she was right above them. "After this concert, in just a day, you guys will have the chance to spend the weekend on a completely different island than their own, letting you explore new parts of the monster world."