eleven

“We don’t even know what to do anymore.” Harry heaved out a large breath running his fingers through his untamed curls in exhaustion. “None of them have come down from their room since last night. They didn’t even eat breakfast.” He rubbed his face, massaging him temples to try and keep himself calm.

“Did you try talking to them?” Dally raised an eyebrow, swirling the coffee that sat in his mug around in circular motions. He was studying the tired couple, taking note of the bags under their eyes and the messiness of their hair. It wasn’t natural for them to look so distraught. The two always took care of themselves well, and made sure their boys were the same way. Now it just looks like they didn’t get any sleep.

“What would we possibly tell them?” Louis sighed, leaning his head on his husbands shoulder for support. “I don’t think Harry and I are necessarily wrong. I mean, we’re being parents! They don’t understand what it’s like to have to look after all three of them, especially when one of them is in so much danger. They need to be protected.” Louis concluded, taking a firmer tone this time.

“Lou,” Tanner sighed, rolling his eyes some because he knows how overly protective these two are over their sons. He’s trying to pick his words carefully so he doesn’t cross a line that’s not meant to be crossed. “Maybe you both are going about this the wrong way.” When Tanner noticed the confusion etched on both of their faces, he continued in a soft tone, “From what I’ve personally observed over all these years, Liam and Niall are strong boys. They protect Zayn almost as much as you two, they never mean harm, and I think when you,” He looked at Harry, who was listening to him intently, “yelled at Zayn the other night, the two of them got angry and protective and subconsciously started to think of other things that you’ve both done to make them angry in the passed and brought that out to just intensify their rage. So, I doubt they’re actually that upset with you, I believe they just had bottled up emotions that so happened to come out.” Tanned finished, breathing out a sigh and leaning back in his seat, studying the two men before him to see their reactions.

“So…what are you trying to get at?” Harry asked after a long pause, clasping his hands together and hanging them off his knees.

Tanner rolled his eyes, knowing that, once again, he’s going to have to be real blunt. “I’m saying that Liam and Niall aren’t your problem. They’ll get over last night easily.” Harry and Louis seemed to relax slightly after that statement. “Zayn, however,” Tanner began in an uneasy tone, “will probably be more of a challenge.”

Harry groaned loudly, burying his face in his hands in absolute frustration, “So what do we do?” He grunted, rubbing the heels of his palms in his eyes trying to rinse out the dissatisfaction of the matter.

“Tell him.” He stated simply.

Harry and Louis both froze, they’re eyes darting up to meet the calm ones of Tanner. “What do you mean, tell him?” Louis questioned slowly, hoping to god that he’s not getting at what he thinks.

“Tell. Zayn.” Tanner said slowly, trying to be as clear as possible. “Tell him his secret. I think its time.”

“What?!” Louis shrieked, shooting up from his seat before Tanner could even finish his sentence. Louis eyes were glowing, his claws threatening to peak out if he got anymore angered.

Dally took notice of both of the parents sudden rage, putting out a hand to try and calm them down before he spoke cautiously, “Whoa. Let’s all take a deep breath and just…sit back down.” He eyed Louis hesitantly, watching, as his eyes seemed to flame back down, before he took a breath and seated himself once again. “Good.” Dally sighed. “Now, I do agree with Tanner. And before you get all wolfy again—“ He added quickly once he saw Louis getting fired up all over again. “Let me explain.” Louis and Harry stopped tried to contain they’re fury, gritting their teeth while Dally continued. “I think Zayn is old enough not to know his secret. We obviously saw the effects of his vampire peeking out last week, and I don’t think that that’s the last we’ll see of it. If the symptoms don’t get Zayn curious, then when The Fangs and The Claws come knocking on your door sure will. Now, Tanner and I have discussed some things lately, regarding the two gangs that seem to be getting dangerously close. We’ve come to the conclusion that Zayn’s actually in more danger by staying in this house.”