Game night Pt.1 | Layla

Do you see anyone other than me?
Baby, please
I'll take a hit of whatever you got
Maybe two, maybe three

- High Enough by k.flay

****

Aesthetic for the following two chapters

It was almost four a.m, but I was far away from considering going to sleep.

Why should I? I felt so alive.

When I closed my eyes I felt the beat of the music snake through my body and the strong bass made the floor vibrate beneath my feet.

It was the first time in years that I kinda felt free. Although this was absolutely not the case. You are never free when you work for the CIA.

Niall and I were at a random club in London, even though Ashley and Harry had specifically forbidden us to go out. But neither of us had listened to them, of course.

We were in the middle of all the important preparations for the great heist of Falling. Niall believed it would go down in history, but I had a completely different view, which he naturally didn't like.

Therefore it was all the more fun to tease him about it. He even talked about buying an island and I am more than curious if he will really do that.

Anyway, we were here today to get our minds off the chaos around us. The stress of the last weeks made me sleep badly and I rarely manage to do it a whole night.

Somehow it always worked better when Niall was next to me, but the reason for that remained a mystery to me. It seemed as if his presence calmed me and my anxiety somewhat down.

I tried not to interpret too much into it. We fucked from time to time and sometimes he just stays over night. Nothing dramatic.

I didn't hate it and this was already a new stage of our strange 'relationship', but I don't know if I would go so far and call us friends. The will to scratch his eyes out has become less though.

Now that we have to be careful that the CIA doesn't find out about our plans, we all spend the night in Harry's guest rooms from time to time.

This forced me to see Niall more often than I would have liked. Since the incident at James' house, I've been avoiding him as much as possible, but at Harry's house it was impossible.

Seeing Niall all the time was not helpful as well as working closely with him.

I was weak one day and gave in to my desires, then it happened. It was stupid and I promised myself it would never happen again, but it did and then again and again. It wasn't my fault that Niall was so good at what he did.

He just made sex so damn interesting and addictive. I'm pretty sure the bastard knows that.

And today when he stood in front of my room door with the glorious suggestion to get drunk in a club I couldn't help but say yes. We both knew that Harry and Ash were not at home, so sneaking out was no problem.