Mission Plan Execution (9)

Ok back to nene pov now

"We'll take good care of your place, don't worry, dear!" Amane's mother hugged Amane and Nene, smiling widely. She knew of Amane's plan during the week, and knew for a fact that Nene would like it too.
"Yugi-san, we wouldn't have let either of you stay here for the week if we didn't know you'd take care of our flat." Nene hugged back, while Amane attempted to push his mother off of him.
"Amane, do you not want your mother to hug you?" His mother said, and Amane shook his head.
"It's not that, you just tend to hug so tight that people can't breathe!" Amane said, still struggling to escape from his mothers hug.
"I can breathe, Amane-kun. You're talking, so clearly you can breathe too." Nene laughed, and Amane groaned.
"I was exaggerating." He responded, just before his mother released them and smiled sweetly.

Amane pulled his phone out of his pocket to check the time, and upon seeing it, his eyes widened in surprise.
"Uhm, Nene." He tapped her on the shoulder, and she turned to look at him.
"Yeah?" Nene replied, and Amane showed her the time, pointing to it.
"We need to go right now, hotel won't let us check in if we don't do it soon."
"Is that the time? You're right!" Amane nodded, and Nene tilted her head slightly, before continuing. "Just so we're both sure, since you insisted on doing the packing. You did do it correctly, yes?"
"Of course I did! I'm not that bad."

—————————————

The two of them sat in silence, as Amane tried to remember the route to where they were going. Fortunately for them, there wasn't any traffic. Nene glanced to Amane, who she could tell kept looking at her.
"Amane-kun?" She began, and Amane glanced to her again.
"Huh?" Amane half-replied, focusing on the road.
"Mind telling me where we're actually going? I still don't know."
"Ah- well that I will not be telling you. Like I said, it's a surprise!" He grinned, glancing back to Nene as she rested her head on the window, closing her eyes.
"Well, it better not be somewhere stupid like that time you took us to a literal desert."
"Wha- but that was fun! You don't like the desert?"
"I do, but it was way too hot! Fortunately I was in charge of the packing for that."
"There were buildings that had air conditioning!- AND a pool!"
"It was nearly 40 degrees."
"You said you liked it!"
"I did, I'm just not sure why you thought the desert was a good idea." She laughed, while Amane pouted, looking childishly annoyed.

The "40 degrees" is in celsius not fahrenheit it's about 104 in fahrenheit

After a few minutes of neither of them speaking, Amane finally said something.
"It's not the desert; it's somewhere you'll like."
"It is?"
"Can you not act like that's so shocking?"
"Well you're the driver, so I suppose I shouldn't." Nene laughed, and Amane rolled his eyes.

————

"Nene? Nene? Neneeee~" Amane said, tapping her on the shoulder. She'd fallen asleep, and opened one of her eyes, running the other.
"Amane-kun?"
"That's me!" Amane smiled, before getting out of the car, and walking round to Nene's side. He opened the door, still smiling.
"We arrived?" She asked, and Amane nodded.
"Yep! Take a look at where we are." He grinned, and Nene turned to look in the direction of the hotel. Her eyes widened, and she blinked a few times, as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"Am I seeing this right? I'm not imagining this, am I??" She said, and Amane grabbed her hand, and began walking the two of them towards the hotel.
"You're definitely not imagining this!" He said, and Nene smiled, but then went back to her shocked expression.
"Isn't this place really expensive?! How did you afford it??"
"I know you've been saying since they built this place that you want to go, so I've been saving for it for awhile alongside other things!"
"You really didn't need to..."
"Are you not happy about it?"
"No! No, of course I am! I'm just surprised you decided to do this."

The hotel was huge, at least 14 stories. It was wide as well as tall, and each of the rooms visible from the front had large windows. There were also little balconies on some of the higher rooms, which had barriers made of glass rather than what they're typically made of. The rooms on the higher floors had what could only be assumed to be a window the with of an entire wall, and they all had cream coloured curtains. The building itself was white, with occasional gold colour patterns featured on the sides. It was split into two halves, and both halves were connected by a walkway. The gap was like a large gate, and had a cobble path, which led to a large harden, that had a large pond in the middle. At the front of the hotel, there was a single fountain, which had an intricate floral design on the stone at the bottom.

"It looked beautiful in the photos, but it's even more gorgeous in real life!" Nene stopped in her tracks, staring up at the hotel in awe.
"We need to go and check in. I'll do that then we can either come out and get our stuff, or we can explore the area. Your choice." Amane said, and he tugged on Nene's hand, as the two of them began walking towards the entrance.

The ground floor of the hotel had a deep red carpet, which had yellow and white swirling patterns all over it. The front desk was white, and fairly wide. There was a part lower down, which appeared to be a more restaurant area. It had a large window covering the majority of the wall, and the tables were all round, with fancy designs on the sides.

Amane and Nene walked to the front desk, still holding each other's hands.
"Excuse me, but we're supposed to be checking in here?" Amane said, and the woman at the front desk nodded, and went to type something in on the computer.
"Names?"
"Yugi Amane and Yashiro Nene." Amane told her, and she nodded, before typing it in, and going to get something.
"This is your room key. It's room 77, should be the first room you see on the top floor." She handed them a key card, to which both Amane and Nene smiled.

Amane turned back to look at Nene, holding the card up.
"Want to see the room before we do anything else? Always got to make sure everything's alright." He asked, and Nene nodded.
"That's probably a good idea, that way problems aren't left unsolved for too long."
"Great! Actually, can you wait here? I'll give you the key, I'm going to bring the stuff from the car in. Maybe doing something else isn't the best idea right now since it's getting late."
"Alright! I'll take good care of it."

Amane handed her the key, and ran out to their car, though he was covering his head since it had started raining since they'd been in there. Nene laughed seeing him running in the rain, trying not to slip. She was already imagining what he'd look like when he got back inside.

After a few minutes, he came back, dragging the bags behind him, and soaked from head to toe. His hair appeared to have decided to stick to his face, though it looked much messier than it did before he left. Nene couldn't help but laugh, seeing as she was correct in how she thought he'd look.

"I am never going outside in the rain again. Mark my words!" Amane dramatically said, and gave a small smile to Nene. The two of them began walking toward the lift in the centre of the room, glad to not be outside in the rain.

——————————————————

Word Count: 1340
Hope you liked this chapter! Sorry that not much happened, I promise you that more will happen in the next chapter!!