Happy Anniversary

This is very soft

Sick. You were so sick. Your body has betrayed you and you felt achey all over, plus you're pretty sure you had a fever. You'd check but your bed is so warm and comfortable, you didn't plan on leaving it anytime soon.

Rolling over with your eyes still closed you dart your hand out to try and reach for your phone, patting your hand through your cool sheets to find that pesky thing.

Sliding your hand under your pillow and- aha there it is

You reluctantly turn it on, peeling your feverish eyes open to see your extremely bright phone screen. "Too bright too bright." You croak out to no one but your self.

Turning your brightness down as fast as you can, easing your poor eyes, you start scrolling through your notifications that you missed throughout the night. Whilst scrolling you saw you had a text message from Charlie.

Charlie: Good morning sweet girl happy anniversary, call me when you get this.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." You gasped out smacking your hand over your mouth. "How could I forget oh my god." You said to your self, looking at your phone letting your thumb hover over the call button on Charlie's name.

You brought your phone up to your ear listening to the ringing on the other line. You felt so guilty. It's not that you forgot, you've been looking forward to this all week. You two were gonna go see a play you've been begging Charlie to take you to go see and then end the night with a fancy dinner. Then last night you just did not feel well and fell asleep so early, your anniversary completely slipped your mind and you felt awful.

You sniffled listening to the rings drag on and on, before you could over think any more "Hey sweet heart'." Came that oh so familiar voice you knew so well. Hearing his voice immediately made you let go of a breath you didn't know you were holding. "Hi Charlie, happy anniversary" you mange to get out with a couple sniffles and tears.

"Hey what's wrong? Todays supposed to be a happy day not a sniffle day" Charlie half jokes, he just wanted to make sure you were okay thats all he cared about.
"I'm so sorry Charlie I got really sick last night and fell asleep early and I completely forgot about our anniversary and I feel awful well because I have a fever but also I don't want to let you down" You tell him with a sob.

You might be being a little over dramatic but you didn't feel good and you didn't want Charlie to be disappointed with you.

"Hey hey hey let's take a deep breath okay?" Charlie spoke to you trying to get you to focus on him. You reluctantly listen, inhaling and exhaling while listening to him do the same.

"That's my girl you make me so proud. Now you have nothing to be sorry for, all I care about is that you're okay and safe. I know we had plans for today but we can easily change them up. What do you say, I come over and we cook some dinner and watch Back to The Future?" Charlie said whilst already getting his stuff together over the phone because honestly he was gonna come over regardless of what you said.

"That sounds perfect Charlie yeah thank you so much." You replied extremely grateful to have a man like Charlie Barber in your life.

"Okay Doll I'll see you soon." Charlie said before hanging up the phone.

-