25. Domestic Lou

The next morning, Harry got up earlier than he wanted to. He looked around the room and was surprised to find the couch empty and Louis' duvet folded neatly at a corner along with his pillow. In fact, Louis was no where to be seen. Too sleepy to feel bothered, he grabbed his phone and checked the time.

It was 6:00 in the morning.

Yawning quietly, he got out of the bed, folded his duvet neatly and proceeded towards the bathroom to brush his teeth and have a wee.

After completing his business, he waddled towards the balcony, whose door was slightly open. He opened the door completely and stopped right in track after seeing Louis hunched over the railing, having a smoke.

"Lou..." He spoke up softly.

Startled at the sudden voice, Louis dropped the cigarette and turned around hastily. His cheeks were slightly pink from the cool morning breeze and his hair was sticking out in every direction. He looked tired with those bags under his eyes and slight stubble on his jaw.

"You're up early. Feeling alright?" Louis asked quietly, after a moment of uncomfortable silence.

"Uh yeah. I've slept a lot since yesterday. But why are you smoking at this hour? Most importantly why are you up this early? You were never a morning person." Harry asked curiously, still standing still in the spot.

Louis seemed to be a bit uncomfortable with the topic but didn't snap out as Harry expected him to. Rather, he replied calmly.
"Well, you know, habit."

Gradually, Harry walked inside the balcony and hunched over the railing, mirroring Louis' previous position.
Louis did the same before fetching out another cigarette and both of them fell into a comfortable silence, none of them daring to destroy it.

They watched as the sky slowly changed it's colour, the birds flew away from their nests in order to search for foods for their families.
They watched as the city seemed to wake up and get busier as each minute passed.

It felt good to both of them to have each other by their sides, but none of them acknowledged the feeling of butterflies in their stomachs.
Both the boys were sneaking glances at each other and admiring the other's beauty, but, none of them were brave enough to speak up or talk about their feelings and all past misunderstandings.

After staying in the same position for half an hour or so, Harry's stomach growled and he turned red in embarrassment.

"Come on, let's make some breakfast." Louis said and pulled away from the railing, stomping the half-burnt cigarette to turn out the flame.

Harry followed him into the kitchen quietly.

"You know, we need to go for shopping as soon as possible or we will run out of necessary food." Louis said after shuffling around for a bit, gathering a few eggs, cheese cubes, potatoes and some packs of bacon.

"Yeah. Maybe we shall go for shopping after todays interview. Louis' face instantly dropped at the mention of the interview but he was quick to mask it with a small cough. But Harry noticed.

"Lou.."

"Yeah?"

"Last night you asked me to not feel bad about anything you're gonna say in the interview. So, what are you gonna say?" Harry asked timidly, playing with the hem of his top.

"Uh- I can't tell you that Harry, I'm-you've to wait. I-I can't."

Even though Harry was super curious, he saw the distraught look on Louis' face and decided against asking more.

"It's okay. So, you're gonna make the breakfast or you want me to-"

"I'll make it. You can take a shower in the meantime." Louis answered, grabbing a pan.