Camilo Madrigal- Help⚠️ M

Male reader

Can be platonic or romantic, doesn't matter much. (Fair warning though the word "best friend" is used a lot cause I wrote this when I was sleep deprived and running out of adjectives-)

Angst (a little fluff??)

Background info/summary: you were in the casita when it collapsed

1st person POV

I sat by my best friend, Camilo, on his bed laughing about something from our previous trip to the market. "Oh man we gotta do that more often!" I laughed, leaning back on the bed. Camilo chuckled and laid back as well, so now we were both laying side by side. I stared up at the ceiling as we continued chatting- until we heard what sounded like yelling downstairs.

"What's going on?" I asked, sitting up from my previous position. Camilo did the same, a look of confusion etched on his face. "Not sure...I'll go check. Stay here." He said, before getting up and leaving the room. I nodded and laid back down, the faint sound of yelling still echoing in the background. I closed my eyes and listened from the empty room.

Suddenly the yelling stopped. One of my eyes opened slightly, scanning the area. A low rumbling sound soon took over the once-silent room. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a large, black line spread across the walls. I sat up and inspected it, before it started to grow. The cracks kept growing, and a feeling of panic and worry grew in the pit of my stomach. 'What the fuck...'

People began yelling downstairs, this time in panic. I stood up in alert and rushed to the door. The ground shook violently below me, and I nearly tripped various times before I made it to the door. When i open the door my eyes widened in horror- in front of me the casita was falling apart- pieces of the roof and walls were crumbling to the ground and the tiles began to separate. 

Down below the Madrigals were all watching in terror as the cracks spread to the candle- the miracle. Camilo rushed forward, only to fall to the floor with a thud. Isabella sat there aswell, the once colorful dust on her clothing being mixed with the rubble and debris from the house. "Oh no.." I muttered, before finally stumbling away from the door that was about to fall off. 

Things were happening too quickly, and the debris that came crashing down was blurring my vision. I attempted to run towards the nearest exit, but a cabinet fell in front of me, blocking the route. I looked around searching for any other way to get out, but found none. The screaming was deafening, and i couldn't think straight. 

I decided to take the risk and jump from the railing, but before I could take another step a large, heavy objected toppled on top of me, crushing my leg. I cried out in pain, and I could already feel my blood spilling onto the tile. I felt stings all over my body, and soon realized there were various scratches and cuts from the rubble. 

"Help! Help me- someone please!" I cried, ignoring the pain that ripped through my body. "Camilo! Mirabel- Luisa! someone help me!!" 

I couldn't breathe, and my head throbbed. I coughed harshly, the dust filling my lungs. The second story to the house fell to the ground, crumbling to pieces. I just so happened- to be in that part of the house. 

The broken pieces from the house poked and jabbed at my skin, and I felt a long cut forming on my back from the fall. Thats definitely gonna bruise. I heard another loud sound, and peeked up and saw another part of the railing cracking and beginning to fall down to wear I was. I screamed, folding my hands over my head.

The last thing I saw was a table being pushed over to me- most likely by casita (or what was left of it) and the sound of wood splitting. Then it went dark.

****

3rd person POV

When the dust finally cleared, Camilo's head shot up to inspect the remains of his home. Everyone rushed to Mirabel in worry, relieved to see she had been sheltered by old furniture. As soon as he saw her, he checked to see if she was ok. But then it dawned on him. His head whipped around in worry, scanning for something

Y/n

When he didn't see him, dread pooled in his stomach. "No...no no no no..." he mumbled, sprinting off in the direction of where his room once was. He ignored the calls from his family, telling him it wasn't safe. He stumbled around the place, searching for any sight of his friend. "Y/n! Y/n where are you!" He yelled. 

Finally, something caught his eye. He darted towards the figure, worry taking over his senses. And to his horror, when he arrived to the scene, he saw his best friend  buried in rubble, with a crushed table sheilding his head. Casita must've attempted to save him, as it did with Mirabel.

But this wasn't the case. He rushed towards the body, frightened by the large red puddles that stained the surrounding objects. He kneeled next to him and examined y/n. He was covered in wounds, and large pieces of the house laid on him. "Y-y/n...shit, no..." he mumbled, before pushing the table off him and brushing away small pieces of debris. 

He tried his best to ignore the blood, even though it was staining his hands and clothes. He tried pushing the large debris off of him, but to no avail. "Crap- Luisa!! Tia Julieta, Abuela!! Help me!" He shouted in frustration. He pushed  and even attempted to shift into his cousin, but nothing worked. His hands were scratched and irritated, and he felt tears threatening to spill. He pushed and pushed until he collapsed next to his crippled friend, and sobbed. 

"Please don't leave me.."

He fell onto the bloodied boy, sobbing and holding him close. The rest of his family arrived and gathered around the pair, shocked and horrified to see the body crushed on the floor. 

Camilo sobbed and sobbed, barely taking notice to his mother and cousin pulling him into a hug.

 "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry..." 

****

It had been 2 months since the accident. With the help of the towns people, they were able to rebuild the casita. Mirabel finally made amends with Isabella and Abuela, and even Bruno was back. 

But Camilo still wasn't happy. He sat in his room, staring at the wall across from him. Nothing would be the same without Y/n. It never could be. 

He stared at the wall for what felt like hours, not moving an inch. He did this nearly every day. His relatives tried to lure him out of his room, but whenever he tried to the image of his Y/n would cloud his vision until it became unbearable. So he stayed in his room. 

He was paranoid, as if the house would come tumbling down again in a split second. He thought if he didn't move, then nothing would happen. 

Finally, a knock on the door shook him from his daze. "Come in" 

His mother opened the door, a large grin evident on her features. "Camilo, mi amor, come downstairs." He continued  to sit for another moment, before sighing and getting up. He followed his mother down the stairs, and saw the rest of the family gathered around. He scanned the room curiously, until his eyes met those of a certain h/c male. 

The brunettes eyes widened in shock. "Y-y/n..." 

Y/n grinned, and limped forward. He was covered in bandages, and his leg was wrapped in a cast. Camilo rushed forwards and embraced him in a hug, to which the h/c returned gratefully. "Holy crap, I missed you so much..."

Y/n laughed. "I missed you too, Camilo..." the two stood there for a while,  not daring to let go. The others watched, smiling widely. Eventually Camilo pulled away, examining the boy in front of him. "...you look like a mummy-"

Y/n let out a snort, causing Camilo to burst out laughing. "Yeah- and I'm a pretty hot one too." He retorted, causing Camilo to laugh even harder. 

"It's good to have you back..." Camilo muttered, after finally calming down. He set his head on the h/c boy's shoulder, to which he responded by setting his head on top of the brunette. "Good to be back..."