7th Shot

Disclaimer :  inspired by real people (but not real incidents).

Full Disclosure : Inspired from a scene in a Maan Geet Fan Fiction called 'REEL'. It is no more available in internet to my knowledge, but if it is, then please do share link with me I would love to re-read it.

------------- ---------------- ---------------------

Karan's hands quivered as he laid his phone flat on the table in front of him and sent a panicked look to his producer.

"Ashwin dan phone panraru." Karan told his producer.

(Ashwin is calling.)

The elder gentleman pretended to be busy in his laptop. Karan wondered how his producer agreed to this and why no one is taking the issue serious.

"Enna solradhu?" Karan asked even though he was sure not to get an answer from his producer.

(What do I tell him?)

Karan waited for his producer to give any kind of sign that he was being heard. After a minute, he sighed deeply trying last resort to get attention. When another two minutes passed, Karan realized he was wasting his time and so pulled himself on his feet to leave the room.

"Karan." Called his producer when he was about to leave the room.

"Sir?" Karan asked eagerly wondering if he as finally ready to discuss issue in hand

"24 hours la projected views enna?"

(What could be views in 24 hours?)

Karan's face fell in disappointment. Even though numbers he is going to give are remarkable, Karan didn't like what went in the video.

"2.5 million. " his voice didn't sound as happy as it should have.

His producer nodded in acknowledgement and way of dismissing.

Did Karan deserve such complications in his first directorial venture?

________________

Ashwin cursed as he threw his phone on the bed. It was such a disaster.

On hindsight, he began to blame every foolish decision that he made that has lead him to this position. Well, not just him, but also her in the process.

"Enaku nu sani pudichiruku pola." Ashwin hit his head with palm in frustration. "Enna pannalum oru prachanai koodave varudhu."

(Whatever I do ends up being a mess )

He took his second phone that isn't for professional use from side table. Should he call the team from this number? Will they pick it? Will he get answers?

Even as Ashwin was asking himself these questions, his mind projected a counter question, "What is use of any answer? The harm is already done."

Ashwin locked and unlocked his screen as his mind began to process anything that he can do to salve the situation.

"Edhadhu yosi da."

(Think of something)

His mind lost in arriving at anything reasonable and Ashwin sat on the bed defeated.

"Ellam pochu." His mind told him.

(Its such a disaster)

Clicking around few icons, he opened her contact in his phone. Today evening, after seeing the video, he swore that he won't contact her until he sorted the issue, but now sensing that everything his beyond his control, he gave up as he dialled her number.