Chapter Six

"You know, it's be much easier to just tell me where you were last night." Rue shrugged. She had come over Lexi's place this afternoon, the curiously eating her alive.

"I was just out okay?" Lexi replied earnestly. While their last talk had been a fight about the pee, they were quick to let bygones be bygones. Both parties weren't the kind to try to start up unnecessary drama.

"There's no way you were just out at 1am on a Saturday night." Rue was suspicious now. Lexi was scared. It's not that she was ashamed or embarrassed of her knowing she was with Fez but Rue was his closest friend.

Plus it felt nice knowing this was something her and Fez had for themselves. In a town like theirs, everyone knows each other's business or at least thought they did.

This truly felt like a private thing. Something that was untouchable and secure.

"Some people have lives yknow!" Lexi groaned as Rue would not stop pestering her. "I went to the beach and accidentally fell asleep there, okay!"

This satisfied Rue's questioning.

"Awh, I would've went. I love the beach," Rue had let her questions slip. She was serious about going, despite not truly hanging out a lot, she found moments where she'd hang with Lexi.

"Yea well it was last minute," Rue had left shortly after, claiming she had to go to the shop. This peeked Lexi's interest. After she slept over last night, the sound of yelling woke her up.

Fez had insisted she leave as soon as possible, saying there were some guys waiting outside and he didn't want her to get caught being there. He kissed her forehead, promising to text her as soon as he was done and closed the door behind him.

Lexi, half asleep, slipped out the back window and rode her bike home. She wasn't hurt that Fez ushered her home, she knew the severity of his job and that it wasn't something you should take lightly.

———

"For the 100th time Cass, you look amazing!" Lexi groaned. She was not lying. Cassie had dressed to the nines. She wore a tight fitted purple mini dress that scooped at her breasts. Her hair flowed effortlessly with the makeup to match.

"Okay! I'm just nervous." Cassie stated. "This is like my first party I've been single to and I don't know what to do with myself!"

Cassie usually never talked like this. She kept her feelings about her relationship status to herself, afraid she'd be judged but Lexi honestly did not care.

It feels bad of her to say it but this summer made her realize that all she ever did was give and give and give. So when Cassie asked her to be the designated driver for tonight, Lexi declined, saying she would be drinking and proved it with taking three shots.

Maddy had come to pick them up later, complimenting the girls on their outfits. Lexi wore something just a tad out of her comfort zone.

Like her sister, her dress was short and tight. It was a light pink mesh dress with puffy sleeves so while it was appropriate for a party like tonight's, it still made Lexi feel like a princess which she loved.

Not going with heels was a smart decision, Lexi instead  wore some sneakers with her usual frilly socks. It dressed down the dress but she didn't mind.

The party was alive when the girls arrived. By now, Lexi had taken six shots and swigs of some tequila. She found out early freshmen year that she was a lightweight.

This fact was being proven in this exact moment.

"Rue! Jules!" Lexi happily greeted the...couple. "How are you two doing?" The couple shared a look of amusement, neither used to seeing Lexi tipsy, let alone drunk.

"Hey girl, you look so fucking good!" Jules greeted, pulling Lexi in for a hug.

"Wait Jules, can you grab me a soda? I'm kinda thirsty." Rue asked suddenly, not even saying hi to Lexi yet. Jules obliged and said she'd be back quick.

"So, I went to Fez's like I told you earlier." Rue smirked as she leaned against the wall. "And I heard some interesting news."

"Yea? What about?" Lexi mumbled.

"Well, Ash was in the bathroom when I stopped by, applying some sort of gel to his leg. Said he got it from a jellyfish sting." Rue innocently mentioned. "So I asked if he was at the beach and he said yes which made me think of you and how you said you were at the beach!"

"Oh shit," Lexi mumbled, connecting the dots just as Rue did earlier.

"Oh shit indeed my friend," Rue nodded. "Then I looked at the gel in his hand and lo and behold, your name was labeled on a sticker on it."

So what? Lexi liked to use her label maker? It wasn't a crime! She felt herself get hot underneath Rue's stare.

"Okay? What's your point."

"My point is, there's no way you'd go to the beach with Ash, he doesn't like people like that but that only left my dear, bestest friend," Rue said. "Fezco! You went to the beach with Fez and slept over his place last night didn't you!"

"Here Rue! They only had Sprite, not Dr.Pepper like you usually like." Jules butted in.

"Okay bye guys!" Lexi piped out. Rue tried getting her to stop but it was too late, the girl in the pink dress had slipped from the accusations.

Lexi found herself in the kitchen, drinking more and more. Those who knew her, said hi, others just pushed past her.

She didn't really mind it. Being by herself. Even drunk, she still observed people. There was always something going on, nothing in this town was boring.

"Bitch, why aren't you dancing right now?" Maddy slurs as she grabs Lexi's hand.

I wanna f*ck you by Akon began to blast through the speakers and every girl ran to dance to the song. Lexi decided to let loose and let the music course through her body. The song was sexy and universal so everyone was singing.

Mindlessly, Lexi began to slowly move. Bodies were pushed together and Lexi didn't mind. Her hands crept up and down her body, focusing on the feeling of bliss.

The other girls joined Maddy and Lexi and cheered as Lexi began to grind on her sister. They laughed in pure shock, not expecting this dirty dancing out of sweet old Lexi.

"Wait, why is Lexi kinda fucking this shit up?" Maddy asked incredulously towards Kat.

"No idea, but this bitch can dance!" Kat laughed, obviously intoxicated.

The girls continued to dance as the night went on, enjoying each others company and not really caring about what was next in their lives.

———

Lexi is a bad bitch.