Chapter 1: Camelot's Pride

Camelot. A dream that came so close to becoming reality, but so far for the Coolmore group of Mrs. John Magnier, Derrick Smith, and Michael Tabor. The three had owned many superstars like Cape Blanco, Excelebration, Camelot, John F Kennedy, Kingsbarns, Powerscourt, Giant's Causeway, Mastercraftsman, and many, many more.

But, a fourth member was joining the gang. The 26 year old, George Renolds. He had earned his fortune from his father, and with his obsession as a younger child with all Coolmore runners, he knew he should buy into the group. Many of the horses would be hitting the ground that 2015 spring, and they would join the Coolmore group in Ireland. But, the one special horse of that crop wouldn't be born at Coolmore, but at a farm in Ireland.

After the retirement of Moonstone, a classic winner in the Irish Oaks, Susan Magnier sold her for £3.4 million to a local farm. In 2014, the owners of that farm sent her to Coolmore to be bred to Camelot . On February 13th, 2015, the colt dropped, and was walking within the hour.

1 year later

-George'sPOV-

I had been with Coolmore for around 6 months, and had been to two sales. Let's just say, we have a lot of money. We always knew who we were coming for at these sales, generally horses by our sires. We had already purchased 2 horses when the horse Aiden wanted, Hip 376, walked into the ring at the Tattersall's sale. People definetely wanted this horse, I saw U.S. trainer Chad Brown, aswell as the French people like Freddy Head, and the locals, John Gosden, Charlie Appleby, Saeed Bin Suroor, and Richard Hannon all there to buy the big horses.

"Hip 376 is a Camelot colt, out of the mare Moonstone. Moonstone was a good filly in her own right, a Irish Classic winner in the Irish Oaks. The sire is the well known Camelot, a winner of two-thirds of the Triple Crown, he stands at Coolmore Ireland. We'll start the bidding at £100,000."

John Gosden raised his hand,"£125,000."

"Swoop in late." Michael Tabor whispered into my ear.

"£200,000." Richard Hannon that time.

"£225,000." It was Gosden.

"£350,000." It was the big money, Charlie Appleby representing Godolphin.

"Get into it now, it's going high." whispered Tabor again.

"£400,000." I shouted. That should seal it.

"£425,000." Gosden.

"£450,000." Appleby again.

"£500,000." I should have this one down.

A long pause filled the ring.

"Going once. Twice. Sold to Coolmore." The horse exited the ring.

"That one is gonna be worth a lot one day." I told Tabor.

We got a few more horses at the sales, some for more than Avalon, but as of now, Avalon was the best of the bunch.

After the sales I called the other 3 up to discuss where these 6 horses would go next year when they begin training.

"Are we keeping all of them here in the isles?"

"They all have turf pedigrees, so I would imagine." said Magnier.

"Should we discuss silks and names before everything?" I asked, silks were split evenly between the other 3.

"3 colts. 3 fillies. We get one of each for the silks, and you can decide names."

"Ok, for Michael's colt I want Highness, the filly Royalistic. For Susan's colt, John Hay, and the filly Suwanee River. Finally, Derrick's filly Isle and the colt... The colt should be named... Avalon." I had those names all saved on a list, but Avalon came right off my mind.

"Trainers now."

"2 are going elsewhere, 4 are going to Aiden." Tabor said.

"I want my filly sent to Sir Michael Stoute." said Tabor following a long pause.

"I want my filly to go to John Gosden." said Magnier.

"Ok, it's settled, the other 4 go to Aiden." I said, then we ended the conference call.

I liked the other 5, but there was only one I really loved. Avalon.