nine

Okay, you got this. It was not like you hadn't been in charge of a whole country before, right?

"Uh.. Thanks, Slime", you thanked the slime guy, uneasy and not really sure what to do next.

Quackity really put you in such an tense position. He must really trusted you by leaving Las Nevadas to you.

You needed a second to think. This was all a bit too much, especially after the whole argument between Sapnap and Quackity. And now, all of a sudden he decided to leave you back with everything?

God, how annoying

Quackity must had had strong nerves to just piss off and leave you with everything there, but he wouldn't had done it without a strong reason.

So, okay. Think.

What were you supposed to do now?

First of all, collect all of the people he trusted which meant you had to look for them.

Fundy talked to you earlier, but you didn't know where he could had been now. It was slowly getting dark and the country wasn't that lighted up like it usually was. The feeling of a crisis was basically going through the air.

Well, you had no time to wonder where anyone was. You had to go look for them. And at least Slime was there to help you.

"Okay, I'm gonna go look for them now", you sighed. "But before, Slime. Have you seen anyone?"
He shook his head energetically.
"I can help you searching, though!", smiled the guy in front of you, way too enthusiastically if it was for you, but you gladly accepted his offer and started looking for Quackity's 'people'.

It took a while to wander through the whole country. You and Slime sifted through every single house, apartment and room that stood on Las Nevadas ground, but not even Foolish who was always in Las Nevadas to work onto something could be found.

The situation seemed hopeless.

Even after hours of searching, you two didn't find anyone, but there was no chance of giving up. Not now. Not in this situation. Not where Quackity trusted you with probably something even more meaningful that his own life.

He told you to get all of his people together and you would definitely manage to do that somehow.

The question was just how....?

Now the situation started to get really hopeless.

Slime and you were now in the big main casino which was usually so full that you couldn't even hear your own breathing, but now you could even hear your heartbeat. You had to think of something. There had to be something. Slime was sitting at a table, playing with a fork because he didn't know what it was and accidentally sticked it into his hand which didn't seem to hurt him since he was, well slime. You were walking up and down nervously, peaking a look out of the open front doors to think of something until you saw someone far in the distance coming towards you.

Firstly, it seemed like this person would be normally walking, but as you took a few steps closer, you saw who it was and that they were running.
"Slime.. Come with me. Now!", you commanded which he understood. You two immediately went out the casino and walked towards the running person.

"Slime! Y/n!", Purpled yelled, running towards you in an absolutely fast pace that you already knew something was up. He stopped, gasping for air and looking at you like he did in the elevator days ago.

Something about his look still made you feel suspicious. You didn't know what it was, but you felt like he knew more than you did. And you didn't like that.