006. secure and safe

"She won't turn into one. Don't you trust me?" Suhyeok eventually says after listening to Sora and Cheongsan bicker for another five minutes.

"I saw him get bitten when I fought him." Cheongsan breathes. The music stand he was holding is now being held like a spear. Ready to attack Namra, but at the same time it almost looks like he's ready to attack Sora as well.

Namra isn't as persistent as the two people trying to prevent her from getting killed. She even agrees to leave the room - which she tells everyone.

"You're not leaving, you haven't even turned and maybe you won't even turn." Sora retorts. Suhyeok pulls the leaving girl back to the middle of the classroom.

"If I feel strange in any way, I'll end it quickly." Namra states in her usual monotone voice. She walks back to the door. Her hand hovering over the door handle.

Suhyeok comes up with a "genius" plan to tie his hands together with Namra. As he searches for something like a rope Onjo is arguing with Jimin, who refuses to continue with Namra in the group.

"Suhyeok, what if you get bitten? You'll turn as well and the two of you will just attack us. It's not a good idea." Onjo says. "She knows when to leave, let her decide."

And so, Namra stays next to the door, ready to leave any moment.

...

"I've got to leave." Namra eventually says after standing next to the door for a good twenty minutes. "I don't feel so well."

"I'm sorry." Cheongsan apologizes.

"No need to be sorry. I'm not sorry either."

"Sorry."

"You're not going to stop her?" Sora asks Suhyeok, who is sitting next to her, looking at his hands. "It's no use. If she's going to turn the least we can do is be safe." He mumbles.

"I'm sorry, but I can't leave her alone out there."

"What are you going to-" The moment Namra pulls the door open Sora runs after her, pulling zombies away from her to get out with the only person she has left from her childhood.

All the shouting and yelling gets muffled the moment Sora pulls the door behind her to close it.

"What are you doing?" Namra asks, slightly surprised. "You're supposed to stay back there."

"I'm not leaving you out here." The zombies close in on the duo. "We've got to run."

The two sprint as hard as they can until Namra trips. Sora yells after her, but when she sees the zombies don't attack her she realizes she might've been a zombie all along.

Sora tries to pull the zombies off of her as their hands try to grasp her. Namra emerges from the crowd of zombies, pulling them off of Sora one by one.

"Let's go." She simply says and pulls Sora with her. "The gymnasium."

The girls run and run, and Namra keeps warding off the zombies going after them. Sora realizes she might be more safe with Namra outside than inside the classroom with the others.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"What the fuck!" Wujin cries out after Namra and Sora leave. The others are left worried and in panic. "How did we let this happen? Sora wasn't bitten! She wasn't supposed to go!" He continues exclaiming.

Suhyeok holds his head in his hands and Onjo is crying. Cheongsan lets the music stand fall with a loud clatter.

"What are we going to do now?" Hyoryung asks, looking at the students with worry. "We've lost two of the smartest people."

"Joon-Yeong, can't you make some weird genius plan like Namra? We've got to get out of here soon." Jimin says as she shakes his shoulder.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Nam-Ra, the gym is this way." Sora whispers to her, and pulls her with her. The big building seperated from the school is oddly quiet. No zombie sounds at all.

The door is blocked, but they manage to get in. "Hello?" Sora shouts. It's quiet before someone starts groaning.

"Shit, that hurts!" - "Keep quiet you moron!"

"We're not zombies!" Sora tries again, "Well I'm not a zombie." she adds quietly.

"See! They're not zombies. Just let me out of this, it hurts!" The male voice complains again. Four students carefully come out of their hiding spot.

"No zombies, just two juniors." The boy in a sports uniform calls out.

"Juniors? There are survivors from the junior class?" The girl with the short hair questions.

"We wanted to know if we could stay here. It's kind of complicated." Sora asks.

"Depends, what sort of juniors are you?" The short-haired girl asks again.

"Uhm, what kind of juniors are there?"

"Oh, a lot. There's the annoying loud ones, the stupid ones, the oddly quiet ones, the wimps and the normal tolerable ones."

"Uh, normal ones? She might be the quiet one though." Sora awkwardly chuckles.

"What do we think." The girls asks a girl with longer hair in a ponytail.

"Let them in. As long as they can fight and help." She answers. "I'm Jang Ha-Ri. "

"Park Mi-Jin. That whiny one lying there is Yoo Joon-Sung."

"I can tell them my own name!" - "Shut up!"

"And I'm Jung Min-Jae."

"I'm Kang So-Ra." She nudges Namra slightly to tell her to say her name.

"Choi Nam-Ra."

Mijin mutters, "Oddly quiet indeed."

"She can fight, I can, uh, do a little bit of everything. I'm in the field hockey team I think there is equipment here."

"We'll help you find your equipment, and your quiet friend can help us fight those zombies so we can go up the mountain." Hari suggests. Sora's eyes trail to Joonsung who is on the ground groaning and complaining about his situation.

As Minjae, Sora and Mijin get ready to carry the injured Joonsung out and go up the mountain his makeshift bed breaks.

"Shit, it broke!" Mijin exclaims, as she looks at Hari for her next command.

"Get him inside, now!" She yells as she shoots more arrows at the zombies.

They retreat and pull the curtains in front of the door. Groaning and panting they re-enter the gymnasium.

"This is going to be fucking harder, harder than quitting smoking." Mijin groans, as the six are now unable to find their way up to the mountains with nothing to carry Joonsung on.