Chapter 230:

I'm sitting in the park with Mer and we see Teddy on the other side of the benches.

Delilah: let me text her.

I pull out my phone and text Teddy.

Me: need to talk. Urgent. Call me.

Teddy Bear 🧸: time difference. Stepping into a dinner.

Me: on the swings or the slide?

Mer and I look over at Teddy who was already looking at us and we wave at her. I stand up and we walk over to Teddy.

Teddy: how did you two find me?
Meredith: you used to make Cristina get you coffee here every morning.
Delilah: and we figured you wouldn't be stupid enough to fly, all things considered.
Teddy: Pierce told you guys. Well, there goes her license.
Meredith: we all know you're not gonna sue Pierce.
Delilah: Meredith's right. You've got bigger problems.

We talk with Teddy for a while then I drive to Meredith's with them. As we sit in the kitchen, I call Jackson.

Jackson- hey lovey.
Me- hey sweetheart. Do you mind checking in on some of my patients for me today? I'm taking a personal day.
Jackson- is everything alright my love? Did you have an anxiety attack? Is it the baby?
Me- no, everything is fine babe. The baby is fine, I'm fine, it's all fine. I just have some things to deal with.
Jackson- okay. Yeah, I'll check on your patients for you.
Me- thanks babe. And if you and Dylan really need help with Rafi, just call me.
Jackson- thanks love.
Me- no problem. I love you handsome.
Jackson- I love you more gorgeous.

I blush as I hang up on Jackson. After my call with Jackson, I text Alex.

Me: hey best friend ❤️ I'm taking a personal day, Jackson's checking on my patients. Loooove you 😘

My Forever Person 💖: you've gotta be kidding me. I'm already missing Grey, Shepherd and Hunt, now I'm down one more person.

Me: sorry Ally-kins. I'll make it up to you, I promise ❤️

My Forever Person 💖: you are so damn lucky I love you Avery 🤦🏻‍♂️💕

Me: I love you too Ally bear 😘❤️

Teddy: I, uh– I-I already ate breakfast, if that's what's happening.
Meredith: oh no. I have to make cookies for Zola's bake sale. And they have to be homemade because apparently, that's how you show you care. And Zola wants chocolate. Not chocolate chip. Chocolate. And did you know there's a difference between cocoa powder and hot chocolate mix?
Teddy: not a baker?
Delilah: Mer just learned from me a while back that she has to preheat the oven.
Teddy: well, you know what? You look busy. So I'm just gonna take off.
Meredith: oh, just stay. Make sure I don't burn the house down.
Teddy: okay.
Delilah: see? You'll get to do all of this soon– bake cookies, look for childcare, find a good school.
Teddy: and there it is. Look guys, I'm gonna go back to Germany. I've got a great OB in Landstuhl, and I'll give birth there and raise the baby myself.
Meredith: and not tell Owen?
Teddy: well, I was planning to tell him, and I was going to apologize for all the awful things that I said to him, and then I came back here and found out that they were all true.
Meredith: oh. It's not what you think.
Teddy: he's not living with his ex-wife and two kids?
Delilah: ... okay. Well, that part is true. But he's fostering a baby, and she's helping the mom get her life together.
Teddy: I just... I-I don't see how it would work.
Meredith: then why are you here?
Teddy: you and Lilah stalked me.
Delilah: no. She's asking, why are you in Seattle? And don't blame the clot because we all know that you could jump on a bus or a train if you really wanted to get out of town.
Teddy: I don't know, okay? I don't– well, I-I just– I don't know why I'm here or– or what I'm gonna do. I've been holed up in a very fancy hotel room running an exorbitant room service bill trying to figure it out, and I still don't know. And it's driving me crazy and pissing me off. And what are you doing to those eggs?! Here. Gimme.