⇛ 𝐂𝐇 𝟐𝟒

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟐

"doyoung... it's been six months."

"i know."

"i miss them."

"i know."

"i'll see them tomorrow?"

"you will."

"are you sure?" she asked and he looked up from his book with a sigh and removed his glasses.

"you're all going on this victor's tour together. don't worry. i told you they can't keep you away from each other. you're lucky they even allowed you to hologram every week."

ever since the seventy-fourth hunger games came to an end, the eight went back to their districts to live in the victor's villages. due to them all being from different districts and travel being a big factor in why they couldn't visit each other, they were permitted to use holograms to speak, to maintain their relationships. well, it was hardly a hologram. more like faint blue outlines so they could barely see each other. probably done on purpose.

tomorrow, the eight victors will reunite and it'll be televised for the whole of panem to see and then the day after, the victor's tour would begin. as much as jihyun was excited to see her friend again, she was also dreading the fact that she'd be out in the spotlight again. living within the quiet victor's village had been tranquil but it hadn't lasted long. she needed more time.

"i'm going for a walk." jihyun said, throwing her new fluffy jacket on. hana insisted she buy one and she was glad she did because it kept her warm during the cold weather.

"don't be out too long! we need to be on the train early in the morning." doyoung called after her as the door clicked shut and she disappeared outside. "this kid..."

jihyun stuffed her hands into her pockets as she walked out of the village. she waved to her younger siblings who were out playing with other children in the snow then continued walking towards the large mountains.

"where you off to?" a sudden voice made her come to a stop just below one of the mountains.

"jungwoo?!" jihyun nearly screamed, whizzing around and throwing her arms around the older boy.

"nice to see you too, jihyun." he said, rubbing her back.

"i thought you weren't getting here till tomorrow!" she said, smacking her hands onto his face.

"i thought i'd surprise you by coming early." he said, puffing his cheeks. "you're happy, aren't you? wait. don't answer. i know you are."

"six months and you haven't changed one bit." she shook her head. "but yes, i'm so happy you're here. you can stay the night in my new house. we can have a sleepover and talk all night."

"no, missy, we are not doing that. you need your beauty sleep for tomorrow. i plan to make you look extra cute and glamorous for those boys." he said, placing his hands on her shoulders and pushing her towards the mountain to start climbing.

"excuse me. what?"

"i didn't say anything... just that you need to look good for the whole of panem to see." he lied.

"no, you didn't say that."

"i didn't say anything then." he said then slipped on some snow and grabbed her arm to steady himself.

"that's what you get for lying." she scoffed, brushing him away.

"alright. fine. i said for those friends of yours."

"and why exactly did you say that?" she asked, raising an eyebrow as she took one big final step to the top.

"i plan to make at least two of them fall in love with you." he replied, nonchalantly.