two

"You see, my dear friend, I... am a private investigator."

Aether and Paimon both watched as you lean your chin on your clasped hands. You smile at them both, and watch their expressions further for any subtle changes. Aether had been nice enough to bring you to one of Mondstadt's greatest eateries he knows, and he lived up to the tale he told about the place. Your stomach grumbled happily as you ate earlier, and the two across from you could only watch both silently, and warily, as you did so. You have yet to tell them your name, and it only made you more suspicious than you figured you'd turn out to be.

You internally smile. You purposely hid your identity. You are way smarter than you appear, and you knew this would happen. The distrust that's obviously starting to form between Aether and you are beginning, and you just can't wait to see how it'll fester. Will he ditch you? Push you off a cliff? Maybe even try to kill you? You internally grimace at the last option albeit. You don't want someone else killing you— your dream is to commit the best suicide known to mankind, and that's exactly what you're going to do.

"You know.." Paimon started off loudly. "You still have yet to tell Paimon and Aether your name! It's only fair since we told you ours!" She pouts, and it reminds you of a child. Is she a child? It appears so with the obvious pamper-designed pants she has on. You slurp and slurp, before finally finishing and placing down your fork. You give them a simple smile. "Ah yes, my name." You raise a finger towards your lips, and the aura around you grows and festers in eerie. It makes Aether's spine tremble as a shiver passes by.

"That.. is something I must with-hold from you both for now—"

"Hoh? Is that you, Osamu?"

Aether watched as you comically pale and turn white from head to toe with a black outline around you. Turning your head, you came face to face with the suave calvary captain himself. His beautiful long blue hair cascades down his shoulder, and you grit your teeth at the sight of his familiar handsome face. He sends a wave towards Aether as his expression shifts into one of surprise, yet a tone of intrigue is herd within it as well. "You two know each other? Ahah— how interesting." You glare at him as tears cascade down your cheeks. You grip your fists as you dramatically stand up from the table, and keep your one foot on the chair.

"DAMN YOU, KAEYA! YOU RUINED MY PERFECT, AMAZING, AND COOL MOMENT..!!"

"Is that so? I apologize, my dear." He purred lowly as he leaned closer your face. You catch onto his suggestive nature, and you drop the act. A seductive smirk crosses your own features, and you even go the extra mile to grasp his handle tightly. Letting it come up to your lips, you press a gentle kiss against the back of it. He seemed taken aback by your sudden show of flirtatious gesturing. You give him a heart-throbbing smile.

"You.. are quite alright, my handsome sweet."

Aether has never seen Kaeya seem so flustered before, and when the eye-patch wearing male coughed into his other fist to get his act back together, it had all faded away when a cheeky grin crossed your lips.

"I'm kidding."

An irked look crossed Kaeya's face, and he took his hand out of yours to rub it on the opening of his shirt. You laugh and laugh, and then sit down beside Kaeya who also had taken a seat. You hum happily to yourself as Aether turned to Kaeya. "You know her?" Kaeya sent you a glance before sighing with a smile. "Yes, as you can see. Me and Osamu here go way back actually!" You give two exaggerated hums, and leaned forward more towards Aether. Your eyebrows wiggle. "Yes, that is indeed correct!" You then lean back into your seat with a genuine smile.

"My name is Osamu, (Name)."

Paimon gapes. "You..! You took this long just to actually tell us your name?! Paimon thinks you're weird!" You pout at her words. "Weird?! I happen to believe I'm actually cool!"

You let out a drawn out sigh, before propping your chin up on your combined hands again. To be honest, you truly were annoyed to have
Kaeya ruin such a perfect opportunity for you. However, things could hopefully look back up. "Anyways, how did you two meet?" He then releases a chuckle as he raises a hand to stop Aether from speaking.

"Let me guess. You caught her during one of her suicide attempts?" You shoot Kaeya a look full of pride. "You know me so well, Kaeya..!!" He shook his head, and shrugged his shoulders.

"I always pay attention to beautiful women, if you get my gist."

You absolutely did, and you sent him your own flirtatious smirk back. Paimon groans at your displays of flirting, but Aether quickly brought you back onto the main topic. "Anyways.. Kaeya, have you managed to find anything on my sister?" Your head pops up, interested in what he was talking about.

"Sister? A sister? You're looking for your sister?" Aether nods as a sad look crossed his face. Paimon placed a hand on his shoulder before going to explain. "You see, Aether and Lumine, his sister, are both not from this world!" Your eyes widen.

"Paimon was told they were passing world from world when they came here, only to be stopped by a god who stripped him of his powers, and also took away his sister!" Aether clenches his fist as a determined looks crosses his visage. "I will find my sister, and I will bring her back." You say nothing, and your expression drops entirely.

So that's it? He's just searching for his sister? You guess that was fine, she is family after all. You couldn't help but admit it was disappointing to find out this goal wasn't something much more than just that.

What about getting more power? Or even getting revenge? You lose yourself in thought, and go unaware to the conversation him and Kaeya are having as they speak right now. You think up an idea, and you sparkle.

"Kaeya." Your sudden interruption shocks them both, and Kaeya sends you a confused look. "Hm?" You beam at him, and he's simply left perplexed by your suddenness. "Have you been taking care of yourself?" He seems confused on what you're implying, but he simply smiles. "Yes. I have, Osamu. Why do you ask, hm?" You clasp your hands together, and express dramatical worry.

"Oh, you surely mustn't be!" You dart behind him, and place your hands on his shoulders. You rub them, and pucker your lips out as you spoke directly into his ear. "You must be tired— extremely so! You work all the time! Imagine how well rested you'll be feeling after!" You quickly take out a pen and small notebook. You stash them into his hands, and sit down.

"You know, it's so good for shoulder cramps!" Kaeya humored you, and hummed as he listened to you explain. "It does very well for handsome bodies like you," You trail a finger down the opening of his chest, watching as he jittered just a tiny bit.

His cheeks heated up into a slightly brighter tint, and you smirk. You had him right where you wanted him. Pulling back, you place the back of your hand over your forehead as you sit back into your seat. "Oh, please!

You need to take care of yourself! Here, here! Write it down!" He's left befuddled along with Aether and Paimon as you push both a pen and small notebook into his hands. He stared at you flabbergasted, before sighing and complying.

"What's it called, Osamu?"

"The Hanging Health Method!"

Kaeya paused in his writing, and turned to see you were faced away from him with a goofy look plastered on your face.

"I'm messing with you."

Aether could only sit and watch as Kaeya grew a tick mark on his forehead and then get up to grasp you by the back of your collar. He sighed at Paimon.

"Just what have we got ourselves into?"

"Paimon has no idea!"