020┆chapter twenty

CHASING CARS

CHASING CARS

twenty.       boyfriend

▬▬ "SHE MAKES ME SO MAD!" Cassie slammed her bedroom door and started pacing as Paul sat on the edge of the girl's bed. "She acts like-"

"Cassie." His voice was quite as he watched her pace, it was rather amusing.

"-like she knows everything."

"Cassie."

"Can you believe she tried to tell me what I needed? Ugh! She's so infuriating!"

"Cassie!" He said a little louder and she turned to face him, her nostrils flared a little and her eyes wide.

"What!?" She shouted, not meaning to. "Sorry." She took a breath.

"Come here." He reached out and she placed her hand in his then he pulled her to him. She stepped in between his legs and he grabbed her other hand with his as he looked up at her. "You have every right to be mad but I think you should take a breath." She took a deep breath and let her eyes fall closed as she claimed down. She let herself lean against him and he smiled as he let go of her hands and wrapped his arms around her and she wrapped her arms around him, shuffling closer to him. "One more thing. . ."

"What?" She mumbled, shifting on her feet.

"Did you call me your boyfriend?" He asked with a wide smile and she tucked her face into his neck with a groan making him laugh.

"It just slipped out." She mumbled, still holding onto him.

"You called me your boyfriend." He mumbled into her shoulder with a wide smile and the girl groaned as she hit his back with her fist. He let out a laugh, hugging her tighter as he turned his head and kissed her jaw, then her check, then her other cheek. She couldn't stop the giggles that left her lips with each kiss against her skin until he pressed a kiss to her lips. She shifted closer to him, weaving her hands into his hair as he tugged her closer to him, his hands on her hips.