End Of The World

Sora's P.O.V

" Tell me what happened?" Leon asked once we got back to their place. To be honest I didn't even feel like talking. Everyone in the room can sense that. I told them everything that happened to where Riku took my Keyblade, Ansem controlling him and opening the Keyhole. And to Maya's death.

" so the darkness is flowing out of that Keyhole..." He mutters. " No wonder there are more and more Heartless everywhere." Aerith pointed out. " The only way to stop them is---" She added Yuffie didn't say anything. She was most upset about Maya since they got really close.

" Seal the Keyhole, right?" I asked knowing that what I was going to do either way. " Maybe. But no one knows what will happen once it's sealed." Leon stated.

I glared at the ground. " But we can't just stay here. We have do to something. Maya didn't die for nothing. I've got a friend back there and I promised her I'd bring him back."

" That's right. You have more friend to worry about, Riku's Keyblade must have been born of the captive princesses' heart... just like that Keyhole you saw." Leon explained. " Of course without Maya's heart, it remained incomplete. Once that Keyblade is destroyed, the princesses' heart should have been freed. Don't worry, Sora. If anyone can save your friend, you can. "

I nod. I have to. For Maya's dying wish.

------

Kairi and I went to talk at the waterway before I set out. " So... is Maya really---?" Kairi began to say but stop knowing it was painful to talk about. " Yeah." I softly mutter, nodding. She frowns. Maya and Kairi had always had some ups and downs in their friendship. There were a couple of fights but it never got to the point like how it did with Maya and Riku's. Even if they did fight, these two never hated each other same with Riku. In a wired way, the four of us acted like siblings. 

" I wanna go with you!" Kairi said. 

I shook my head. " It's too dangerous. I just lost Maya I'm not going to lose you too." I argued with her. She frowns. But she understood. If I couldn't protect Maya how could I keep Kairi safe if she's with me? 

Maya's other wish popped into my head.  Why did she tell me to tell Kairi how I feel about her? Did she think I had feelings for her? Or does Kairi have feelings for me? I'm sorry Maya but I can't complete that wish for you because I only love you. Kairi is just a friend to me. I don't have the same feelings for her as I do when I'm with you. 

She then pulled our her pink charm Maya gave her. " You've still got yours, right?" She asked smiling. I nod taking mine and Maya's out. " Maya kind of left hers behind. It all she left behind." I said sadly. She took everything of me with her. Kairi shook her head. " Nu-uh. As long as we still have these good luck charms she made us, she still with us." She's right. 

If I keep Maya close in my thoughts then she's always by my side. 

" Come back safe. With Riku too." She smiled. I gave her one last nod before we returned back with Leon and the others. 

-------

Normal P.O.V

Somewhere in the deepest darkness Riku wondered around. " Sora.... Maya... Kairi... I'm sorry." Riku said clutching onto his chest. " Is this the afterworld?" He asked seeing nothing but darkness. " I'm not ready. No yet. Not until I see Sora and Kairi one last time." He said determined not to give up yet. 

" Riku, can you hear me?" A voice echoed around him. " I'll be there soon." 

" Who is that?" Riku shouted not recognizing that voice.