Chapter 1

Warning: This is an AU, which means it's an Alternate Universe. This has my own ideas, so please do not get mad if something is not the way you want it to be. Will have swearing.

1/1/2121 Wednesday

Minnesota POV

20 years ago... 20 years ago was when everything went to hell, America could no longer keep up with the riots, terrorists, and the two sides arguing about everything, it just destroyed him, and one day he just disappeared, all that was left were 50 states, and one of them was me... Minnesota. 

In these past 20 years things have been relatively calm, no one has fought each other, we have had a few states that have collapsed though. Louisiana was one of the first to fall, due to tons of protesters in New Orleans, West Virginia also collapsed due to high poverty rates. Alabama and Mississippi formed a union to help them survive, we'll see how long that lasts. As for other countries, we have no idea as what has gone on in the outside world, no one has contacted any of the states for some reason. 

My phone ringed, I was getting a call from Minneapolis.

"Hey Minnesota, you might want to check the news, something has happened" 

"Ok, I'll look at it right now" I replied (Hopefully nothing bad has happened)

I sat on the couch, switched to the news channel and started watching.

"War has been declared between Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Virginia over the rightful ruler of the West Virginian land, Ohio has taken Northwest WV, Pennsylvania has taken Northeast WV, Kentucky has taken Southwest, and Virginia has the Southeast. Thing are still very tense between these countries, and anyone could do anything at this point, we will keep you updated on the situation."

I turned off the tv.

"just fucking great, more drama going on." I cursed

I decide I should get some rest, and relax a little bit, I could already tell things were going to get a lot worse. 

____________________________________________________________

Michigan POV

That bitch Ohio, trying to get more powerful than me. I'm going to kill him one of theses days. How would I do it though, I'm afraid to admit it but he could be more powerful than me. I thought for a bit but I had the perfect idea, I would have to get in contact with Minnesota.

I called him, and to no avail he didn't answer back, I sent him a voicemail about how I wanted him to meet up in Detroit for a discussion. Hopefully that will do the trick.

____________________________________________________________

Ohio POV

Standing on the battlefield... what an unreal experience... part really hates it, a ton of death that is happening, but another part of me loves the thrill of war, the excitement, and adventure. 

Currently I have the north west of West Virginia, and I'm feeling good about my chances at this war. I am planning to do a surprise attack on Kentucky, and catch him off guard, will see how that ends up working out.

I called Columbus, and told him I want to discuss the plan to invade Kentucky, I hung up and started to walk toward Columbus. It was a dark cloudy day, with no sun in the sky at all, kinda depressing.

When I got to the place, I found Columbus standing outside the building waiting for me, I walked up to him and said hello.

Hello Ohio, we should probably, go inside to discuss our plans, so no one hears about them.

Good Idea, I roll my eyes.

We enter the building, and took the elevator up to the top floor. From there I discussed my plans to him.

So this Saturday, we are going to surprise attack Kentucky. I am going to take my army and attack in the south, you will take your army and attack in the north, hopefully we will be able to drive them to their own country.

Sounds like a plan.

We talked about other things, mainly boring things like taxes, and other plans for the country.

We meet here at noon on Friday.

Columbus nodded, and we headed our separate ways.

___________________________________________________________

1/4/2121 Saturday

Michigan POV

"So you wanted me here to talk about something." Minnesota said

"Yes, I brought you here to talk about an alliance." I answered

"Ok, what about it?"

"I want to make an alliance with you, think about it we will become stronger together, and we will be able to help each other when in need!"

"You just want my help with Ohio, don't you?"

"Ok, fine, yes! I'm worried after all this land he's getting I might not be strong enough to beat him."

"Well, I'd still like to help you, i've been itching to do something, and not just lay around and do nothing."

"Thank you! I'll grab the treaty."

I walked past a few rooms, and one of them had a news report on, it was talking about a war.

"Hey Minnesota, you might want to see this!"

"Ok, what is it?"

Minnesota walked into the room and looked at the screen.

The television blared, "Ohioan forces have attacked Kentucky, taken Covington and Maysville, and our on there way to Frankfurt. Reports have showed that Ohio has been bombing places in Kentucky, mainly decently sized cities. There has been 30,000 deaths on both sides including civilians. We have no idea what Ohio will do next, but whatever it is it won't be goo...

I shut the tv off, and turned around to face Minnesota.

"That God damn bitch Ohio, I swear I'm gonna kill him." I seethed

"You will be able to one day, but right now is not the time. You were going to get those papers so I can sign them?"

"Yup!, i'll go grab them"

_________________________________________________________

Minnesota POV

While I waited for Michigan, I thought about a lot of things. 

Michigan can be kinda aggressive sometimes, he's so bent on killing Ohio,  he's so persistent on doing this. Which makes it pretty hard to be able to work with him, well it's too late now, he's already getting the papers. This is the chance i've been waiting for to take over Wisconsin, so its not all bad, plus I like Michigan, besides his kinda psychopath side. 

Michigan walked back into the room with the contracts, place them down on the table ready for me to sign it, and so I did.