oops

[a/n: this fic was recently rewritten entirely. if the comments don't make sense that's why!]

       You could swear his lips were almost trembling. Time was frozen, but your face was burning hot. You couldn't stop your hands from roaming their way to run through his hair, and you leaned you guys back without a second thought so he could hover over you. His hand that had been resting about your knee was moving its way slowly upward as your kiss escalated. You guys were way past writing this off as an innocent peck for good luck.

He pulled away for air and to look over your face with glassy eyes. His own face was flushed, and his lips were puffy and a darker shade of pink than they naturally were. Before logical thoughts could sink in, you pulled his head back down to yours, and his mouth went straight for your neck. His full weight lay on you then, and it was all you could do to keep your hips still beneath him. You felt his tongue just below your earlobe and bit back a whimper. Your rebellious hand with a mind of its own was finding its way down his bare stomach, leading god knew where... when your phone buzzed under your head. Your eyes shot open, the reality of what was happening hitting you all at once.

"Alex," you breathed, and he nearly moaned. You gently pushed at his bare shoulder, and then he was almost immediately off of you. He seemed completely in a daze, as if he had no clue what we'd just done.

"Y/N, shit I-I'm sorry," the corner of his mouth twitched downward, as if he could really cry from how apologetic he was.

You sat up and quickly brushed some hair from your face, "What? No, don't be. We both decided that I just-- got nervous."

A few heavy breaths from both of you later, he seemed to relax a little at the reassurance. "You?" He tittered. "That was my first kiss."

You were at a loss for words, and only looked over at him with your head tilted in disbelief. No way he was that good with no experience; he was such a natural. He began letting himself lean to lay his head on the opposite end of the couch, and asked mischievously, "Can I tell you a secret?" 

You nodded a second before he shut his eyes and a huge smile spread over his face as he said, "I've been dreaming of that for a long time; I knew I wanted you to be my first kiss by the time we were eight. I saved it for you on purpose. It just had to be you."

You stared at him in silence, really letting what he'd just said sink in. He'd saved it for you, he wanted it to be you. That changed a lot. His smile was slowly fading, and just when you thought he'd fallen asleep, he murmured, "Can you do me a favor?"

You swallowed, and fought tears that threatened to spill down your cheek, "What is it?"

"Could you... hold my hand?" he held it out for you. "'Til I fall asleep?"

You exhaled in a gentle laugh, "Yeah, Alex."

"Is that weird?" his brows weakly came together, but his eyes stayed shut.

"No, it's not weird."

He said nothing more after that, and you moved closer, taking his hand. He laced his fingers through yours, and moments later you could tell he really had fallen asleep. In the still silence, you remembered to check your phone for the notification you'd gotten moments ago. It was a Happy New Years wish from Michael with a twinkling heart emoji. That was the last thing you remembered before falling asleep yourself.

~

    The sun shining through Alex's window is what eventually woke you, but the bird cawing out front didn't help either. Your head felt a hundred pounds as you attempted to look around. He and you were completely tangled in each other. You had no clue how you were going to wiggle out of his grip, and not entirely sure you wanted to either. But you had to. You lifted his arm first, and pulled your legs slowly from beneath his. He only stirred slightly when you stood, but rolled to face the back of the couch and remained asleep. You looked over him one more time before you could leave, a blush creeping over your cheeks as you realized he'd slept next to you all night without a shirt.

Feeling like a bit of a creep for staring at him while he slept, you snapped out of it, and took sluggish steps over to the door to get your shoes on. Alex coughed in his sleep, and you looked toward the kitchen with the idea of leaving a water bottle next to him for when he woke up. You were quiet as a whisper heading over to the fridge, grabbing the only water bottle inside, and stooping to leave it next to his hand which hung over the edge of the couch.

You talked yourself down from running your fingers through his hair one last time, or pressing one more kiss to his parted lips, and slipped soundlessly out the door.

~

    It was just past noon when you got back to Aunt Juniper's, your head still swimming not only from the alcohol last night, but from the rush of kissing Alex. His mouth on yours, then over your jaw, and down your neck. You shivered at the memory, and was thankful it was still as clear as it was. You wondered if he'd remember it as you did, or at all for that matter. Despite your never having been drunk before, he seemed a bit more gone than you had, as you'd gone into it with a full stomach and he didn't.

For the few hours you were home alone before Simon dropped your aunt back off, you lay in her bed with her spare sleep mask, praying that the darkness and silence would cure your hangover. Those things along with the gentle whir of the fan and sipping water eventually did help, and you were pretty much alright again by the time she returned home. She was snuggled on the couch eating Oreos when you finally left the bedroom, and upon hearing you, she stood to say something. Whatever that may have been was thrown to the wind as her eyes got wide enough to pop and her dropped jaw turned to an attempt at stifling laughter. You looked down your shirt and over your clothes; nothing seemed out of place.

"What?" you finally asked, adjusting your shirt that still had the lingering scent of Alex's body wash.

"So you slept over at his house?" She boldly but correctly assumed.

"Yeah," you admitted, avoiding her gaze.

She nodded with an amused expression then asked, "Did you happen to fall asleep on a vacuum cleaner hose?"

Your brows drew together for a moment, but where her eyes lay on your neck had you slumping your shoulders and rushing toward the bathroom. The sound of Aunt Juniper's footsteps gave away that she was following quickly behind. You stepped in front of the bathroom mirror and gasped: a red blemish, about the size of Alex's mouth, had appeared just below your ear.