Runaway - Chanlix

The last thing Felix ever expected to get again was the feeling of falling in love.

It happened once and it was a sweet memory he held tightly like a rose in his hands: He remembered the silhouette of a guy running during the freezing night last December.

The guy was running, barefoot in the sand, as if there were no dangers to be worried about with his bare feet running free with his eyes blinded by the darkness.

That night Felix felt incredibly lonely even though he found himself grabbing a beer with people behind him laughing and dancing at his little sister's birthday party.

Looking at the guy brought the sensation of running too, the soft sand in between his toes and the waves wetting the lower part of his pants made his feet burn in the cage of his shoes.

The silhouette extended his hand once, and he unconsciously extended his, grabbing the cold air instead. His hand wasn't cold at all, his gloves resting on his pockets.

The next day, he ran to the beach at night, trembling with the sound of the dancing waves as his only comfort. And he ran too.

He left his shoes aside and tingles popped a smile that bloomed in excitement.

He ran as far as he could, his phone turned off somewhere on his pants. It didn't matter. He ran until the heat warmed his body completely and he could standstill in front of the sea without shivering.

A scared laugh ran out of him, slowly turning into an absurd laugh. He was stupidly happy.

He fell into the sand and looked beside him only to find the long-distance lights from the city. His smile faded slowly as he turned his gaze into the sky again. That darkness filled his heart with unknown nostalgia that made his chest recover from the slow breath he just missed.

The second time he fell in love he spotted the same guy running once again a year later on the same spot, the same day at his sister's birthday party again.

A nostalgic sensation of a sweet Deja vú he had been holding into melted, and he jumped. He took his shoes off in a second and ran.

The guy sure was surprised but didn't question Felix when he ran beside him. They both laughed and barefoot found each other under the sand.

They both fell to the sand next to each other after a long run, laughing and looking at how the stars shone through the dark sky. Their shoes are now missing somewhere far away from them.

Silence and yet, hearts filled with adrenaline.

He looked at the face of the guy beside him and he later would think about that unforgettable smile that welcomed him.

That was the night he met Cristopher Bang Chan, the first and second time he ever fell in love with.