*~Vivo: Let Them Go~*

"Yes!" I cheered happily as I look at my calendar on my phone and realize that tomorrow will finally be the day. The day when my best friend will finally come home from the academy their mom put them in. I was sad at hearing them not attending to school this year, but I knew that they would return no matter what. Jumping out of my bed, I made my way to my father, who's sitting on the couch with his guitar. The sunlight from the window is shining right down on him while he lightly strums on the instrument. Sometimes when I look at him, I see him as a Saint, and he laughed at that when I finally told him before.

"Padre!" I called out to him and he replies with a hum. "(Y/n)'s coming home tomorrow and summer will be here!" I've been making plans on what we'd do for the summer and it all has to do with music. The two of us fell in love with it the first time we heard it and we both work great together as a team. All I pray for is that the academy hasn't changed them too much and is still the same (Y/n) that I knew before.

Chuckling, my dad looks at me with a warm smile. "That's great to hear, my son." I give him a smile. "I can't wait to see them again."

"Me too, Padre." I let out a soft sigh and look right out the window beside me. "Me too." I miss their violet eyes looking down at me and how their orange flame colored tail would accidentally hit things around them. Along with her nose always sniff out for something that I'm missing or how they sing so beautifully that the whole crowd around them is amazed. (Y/n) has been attending to a club for a couple of years now and is on the way of hitting the big leagues. They've been working really hard on becoming a professional singer and I know that's their dream. Or at least, that's what I think so.

For me, I want to continue on making music, and to possibly have a show of my own. Sing for the crowd at the Town Square and to enjoy all of the smiles the people are wearing on their faces. Papa and I have been doing this ever since I were young, and that's all I could ever ask for. Yet for (Y/n), I can tell that they want more than that. They want to see how far they can go and I can't help but feel worried for my friend. A professional singer who's a predator is quite rare, because they've mostly been known for being in the background or for being under studies. But knowing them, I know that they won't stop until they get what they're looking for, and I knew that for a fact.

Yet something was telling to keep them by my side and try to convince them to stay with me. We get to play around here at home and once it's time to perform, we get to sing together happily! I play the drums, dad will play the guitar, and (Y/n) will sing their heart out. Yes. The three of us together and playing forever.

"Vivo." I snap out of my thoughts and turn to my dad. He gives me a strange look that I can't quite pinpoint it. "If you really do love them, then you must let them go."

Huh?! Love them?

I blink at him a couple of times in confusion and he just hummed a bit. "Go on and get ready for (Y/n)'s arrival. I know how you get when nothing is ready for the next day."

"Oh! Right!" And I took off but never leave behind the questioning thought about what he said.

The next day, I was all set and ready for their arrival, and (Y/n)'s mom has arrived to pick me up. I brought my drumsticks along with me and took my bag as well. I ran over to the front door, not forgetting to say farewell to my dad, and swung open the door then took off. Mrs. Wilde-Hopps parked right in front of our place and I ran down the stairs to make it to her car.

"Morning, Mrs. W.H!" I greet her and wave my arm in the air. She looks up at me through the window and gave me a smile.

"Hi Vivo," she said. "You ready to go and pick up (Y/n)?" I stop right in front of her car and gave her a nod. She gestures over to the back seats behind her and I quickly got myself inside of the car. Once I got myself comfortable inside, the both of us took off, and I look right out the window while grabbing my drumsticks from my bag. I spin them with my fingers and lightly tap them on my lap. My tail swishes around a bit in excitement and my head bop at the beat I'm making with a hum. My heart is racing along with my body heat slowly rising a bit and my mind is spinning like crazy. Why am I feeling like this?