Chapter 4

-Amelia Heartfilia POV-

"I'm not getting on that" said Loke.
"Don't be rude" I said. "Gio is so nice he wants to give us a ride to the town where these bandits are"
"We can take a train" he said.

"But he's offering" I said. "Just come on, Gio is very fast. He's my best friend, so don't be rude"
Loke looked surprised, but accepted my hand and got onto Gio.
"Now, hold on!" I said and Gio began to run.
Loke was screaming and I was laughing.

We arrived at the town and I patted Gio, while Loke was catching his breath after the trip.
"Thank you, old friend" I smiled. "That was a lot of fun!"
"Never, again" said Loke and I chuckled.

"Thanks for going along with it" I said and he looked at me. "Gio may look scary. But he really likes going for a run. He once told me he can't really do that in the celestial spirit world. So I made a promise to summon him often, even if I don't need him. Which is ridiculous. Because I'll always need my friend. That's the way I make contracts with all my spirits"

-Loke POV-

This girl... was really something else...
'She's nothing like Karen...'
She was patting Gio and I saw her wrist.

I grabbed it and she was surprised.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" she asked and tried to pull away.
I looked at her wrist and saw the markings of the moon spirit.

"Where did you get these?" I asked and she kicked me.
"That's none of your business!" she shouted and Gio stood in front of her.
"Just tell me where you got those!" I yelled and she looked scared.

"Just leave it!" she shouted.
"You should know better than to hurt my owner" said Gio in my mind. "I'm going to enjoy this"
"I'm sorry" I said and took a step back. "I was just surprised"

"Gio! Don't!" shouted Amelia and Gio stopped. "Just let it go, please. We have a job to do"
I took a step closer and she took a step back.
'Great, now you've done it' I said to myself.

"Let's find the client" she said and walked in front of me.
'I'm sorry Luna, I screwed up again'

~

"So, these bandits come in to take the harvest?" asked Amelia.
"Indeed" said the elder of the village. "Please, help us"

"We will, don't worry" she smiled. "Everyone should stay inside, while we set up some traps. We don't want anyone to get hurt"
"Thank you" said the elder and we walked outside.

"Amelia..." I said.
"Just let it go, Loke" she said. "The Celestial Wizard who dumped you, she had the same markings, didn't she?"
'Heh? What? No... you're way off the mark here...'

"That's not..." I said and she smiled.
"It's okay" she said. "You don't have to explain yourself to me. You have your secrets, I have mine"
She looked at her wrists and then up at the full moon.

"When I was little" she suddenly said. "I was often sick. I had powers as a Celestial Wizard, but my body didn't accept it. So I was pretty weak"
'What is this? Why is she... why is she explaining this to me?'
"But one day, my mom made some kind of deal with the moon spirit" she said. "The moon spirit gave me life and my powers"

She looked at me and smiled.
"I owe my life to the moon spirit" she said and chuckled. "That's where I got these"
She showed me the markings on her wrists and I felt guilty.
I made her feel like she had to make me feel better.

"I'm sorry" I said and she was surprised. "I shouldn't have made you feel like you had to explain"
"It's fine" she said and turned her back to me, and suddenly it felt like she was so far away. "I wanted to prove to you not all of us Celestial Wizards are bad people. Honesty is a part of who I am. Now, let's set up some traps. It may take a while before the bandits come to take the harvest"