Chapter 1

"Good morning Victoria!" said the chubby baker from his bakery with a cheerful smile on his face.

"Fine thank you, Mr. Joe. Do you have what I have asked for?" Victoria said with glee as she took some French bread into her small basket and now was walking down the market as she greets everybody she went to a corner and grabbed her amulet tightly as she looked up to the sky to only realize...her amulet was glowing. She made sure no one saw it while running towards the forest where she did not know she could run fast than anyone. She was wearing a white sweater with a silver apron dress.

Her round face, her long dark-brown curly hair against the wind while her bangs flew to the sides of her face, and her golden eyes glowed unexpectedly as she realizes she was in a cave that, she did not know but entered. Moreover, her amulet kept glowing until; she saw an old man right beside the fire, she could not help but asked,

"Sir," she swallowed her saliva, "Who are you?"

Then, he stood up and asked with a growl, "Who are you and what do you want?"

"My name is Victoria Fairchild Greenwolf and I want to know why my amulet is glowing. Nevertheless, I have no idea why my mother gave it to me. Can it be that you know why I have it?" she said to the old man. He apparently, was now standing in front of her with inhuman speed as he grabbed her by the arms that made her squirm of the pain. Until, the old man said, "Is that you Elizabeth? Elizabeth Fairchild? Where's my son?"

'How does he know my mother's name? However...a Fairchild! That means...' Victoria's thoughts were spinning with questions that she now concentrated on and asked, "Am I the granddaughter of the Marquis of Bellfield?" He then nods at her and introduces himself, "My name is Jasper Greenwolf. I am head of the werewolf clan."

"But what do you mean the head of the werewolf clan? I thought they only exist in books?" she asked with curiosity in her golden eyes.

'Jasper...Greenwolf?' she thought and then, she realizes her last name and his last name was the same which must mean, "You're my grandfather."

Jasper looked at her golden eyes and responded, "You have your father's eyes, Victoria. I'm so glad to finally meet you." He then lets go of her slowly because she is a half-breed and does not have enough strength like most werewolves.

"I am hiding from your other grandfather. Fairchild. Because our children fell in love and he knew what my son was as soon as they both fled to Cornelia to get married there while my pack distracted his men to follow where they were heading so...later on, Fairchild told me 'Your pack better find my daughter or else your son dies'. Then 2 months later, your father sent me a letter about your mother being pregnant with you. I was so happy including your grandmother Mary."

"But then, when you were born Mary and I decided to meet you before someone found out however, Fairchild followed us because he didn't trust us since we were family. Once we arrived in Cornelia, we found your parent's address, went into your parent's house, and saw you our granddaughter only a month old."

"But, what happened next after our first visit to see you? After 9 months, the town told Fairchild where they were and I did not know what had happened next but I believe one of your parents died in the fire while leaving you on the doorstep of the orphanage you are living in now."

At that moment, Victoria just stared at her grandfather who is still alive. Moreover, all these years hiding in this medium size cave right under the Highcloud gates. It was forbidden, to be near those gates because that will be your life sentence to death, but Victoria decided and said, "We have to get you out of here, Grandfather. We cannot let anyone see us. However, it is more like 2 miles walk back to Cornelia to the orphanage."

As her grandfather thought for a moment he shrugged and said, "I have a plan but...you might need to distract them for me to get away from the cave and make it to Barnaby's bar to keep talking to you."

"Grandfather this is insane I don't know how to flirt and distract them I usually know how to smile and that's it." She panicked asking him and begging him not to let her do this but he said, "Either way if you refuse, I'm still going back to Cornelia and talking more about your inheritance."

"Fine...I'll do it for our sakes and I love you, Grandpa." She says with her genuine smile and shook her grandpa's hand

Nevertheless, they agreed.