Hope Returns

This is when the seeds of love being to bloom <3

Nagito woke up to his alarm softly beeping. He reached to turn it off but was held back. He looked down to see Hajime's arms wrapped around him. His movement had caused Hajime to mumble something but he still seemed out of it. Nagito slowly slid himself out of his arms so he could stop the noise. He let out a yawn and turned to see Hajime waking up. Nagito gave a little laugh as Hajime shoved his own face into a pillow and groaned. Nagito headed into his bathroom to change and when he returned Hajime was dressed as well.

They headed off to school, Hajime staying close to Nagito since he was still weary. Hajime stopped at the classroom door still afraid when he was suddenly pulled into a hug with Nagito from behind.

Chiaki Nanami: "Oh Hajime! Nagito! Im glad your okay!" She looked really upset and her hair was now a vibrant blue instead of her usual pink blond color. "Junko's planning to kidnap Nagito and she faked my identity!" Her cheeks puffed out as she huffed at the thought.

Nagito Komaeda: "I'm glad you worry about such trash as me! But it's all well now, we already took care of it!" Her face softened and she gave them a small smile. Those two had seemed to return to normal, aside from the hair color, but Hajime just stood in place as he fiddled with his hands. "Hajime? Is everything alright?" He turned to him with a concerned look on his face.

Hajime: "um... The class.... they think i..." suddenly Chiaki's eyes widened.

Chiaki Nanami: "So that's why she took that photo! She was blackmailing you!" Her cheeks puffed out again and a dark look came over Nagito's face as he gritted his teeth. "I'll make sure to explain to them the truth." She gave Hajime an affirming look before she opened the classroom and walked in, calling for everyone's attention. Seeing Hajime behind her they all glared towards him.

Akane Owari: "Is he doing anything again!? You tell me and i'll make him pay!!" She smashed her fists together while giving Hajime a death glare. Nagito gave a nervous chuckle as he stepped in front of Hajime.

Nagito Komaeda: "Maybe you should stay back until Chiaki explains..." She nodded to him and began to tell her classmates the truth. How junko faked the photo, how there had been an imposter (which received a weird glance from Mitarai), how Junko had really kidnapped her and Nagito and so on. Their classmates faces were a mix of confusion, anger, and regretfulness. They turned to Hajime and began to apologise for how they had treated him, the girls especially, with Nagito glaring at them while they did.

Hajime still received apologies throughout the day but besides that, the rest of the time passed by uneventfully. By the time school had let out, Hajime had calmed enough so he didn't have to follow Nagito but he still stayed pretty near him. Before they had a chance to leave, Mahiru ran up to them.

Mahiru Koizumi: "phew.." She let out a winded breath as she caught up to them. She regained her composure and stood up straight. "Listen, the girls wanted to throw you an apology party, we felt bad about what happened..." She handed them a paper with the time and location. "Please think it over, we really are sorry..." She gave them one last look before she returned to where she came from. Nagito read the paper saying it would be hosted at Sonia's house that saturday, he looked to Hajime who agreed to going. Nagito slipped the paper into his pocket as they walked back home.

Soon enough Saturday came. Hajime was looking forward to it since he wanted to fix the bad start they shared. They dressed in plain clothes, Nagito with a green jacket over a white shirt, and Hajime with a white button up and tie. Nagito questioned his choice of clothes causing Hajime to become a bit embarrassed. They arrived at the address and found a fairly large house. It wasn't as big as Nagito's mansion but it was still pretty large. Hajime stepped up and knocked on the door, he was soon greeted by a tired looking Sonia.

Sonia Nevermind: "Hajime! Please forgive me! We are running behind and would like to request that you return later!" Before he could respond she closed the door and ran back inside. He looked at Nagito who shrugged. They decided to take a walk while they waited and they headed down a street to see where it would take them. Nagito didn't get out much and Hajime had forgotten his way around so it was a new adventure for both of them. They passed over a bridge and stopped to look at the water. It seemed to sparkle in the early light as leaves glided across the surface. 

Nagito went down to the bank to get closer to it, he tried to reach his hand in but the bank was too steep. Suddenly his foot slipped on the wet grass. His foot splashed into the water while Hajime wrapped his hands around his waist, stopping him from falling in further. With a big heave, Hajime pulled them both back from the edge, Nagito collapsing on top of him. Nagito turned to see him and Hajime face to face with Nagito laying on top of his chest. He felt his face redden as Hajime looked at him with concern. He shakily got up, brushing it off with a chuckle, then helped Hajime to his feet as well. They continued on the sidewalk takeing care to not slip again.