chapter 7

After spending two hours getting the apartment cleaned to judes standard, i showered and was feeling very relaxed after my chaotic morning it was coming up to two and i was about to get ready to go running when jude stepped on my way.
"where are you going?"
"out running, why?"
"you run?"
"yeah, everyday"
"it pays off, anyway I was gonna go out and get some lunch do you want to come?"
"why don't you try making some more pancakes?"
"I couldn't put you through all that cleaning again, could i?"
"give me a few minutes and I'll be ready"
"ok, I'm counting you have three minutes"
"or else?"
"do you really want to know?"
"oh, how I love empty threats"
"just go get ready"
I laugh and continue to my bedroom where i put on a luminous pink gym top with black three quarter length leggings and a pair of Nike roches to go running after i pull my hair into a ponytail and leave with my phone and earphones.
"you still gonna run?"
"yeah, after lunch do you want to come?"
"yeah, I'll be ok though running in these clothes" he says motioning to his Hoodie, jogging bottoms and trainers.
"okay, where we going then?"
"where do you want to, i hear you like bobs?"
"how'd you know?"
"I heard you talking to emily about it"
"oh, so you were eavesdropping?"
"no, you got pretty defensive over bobs, how come you didn't go there then?"
"I wasnt in the mood to go out after.. Well after we talked"
"oh yeah, sorry"
"it's ok"
"Shit, i just made this whole afternoon awkward as fuck huh?"
"little bit" I say with a laugh.

When we arrive at bobs it's packed and we have to wait fifteen minutes to get a seat, we get a seat near a window that looks out over the city, it looks beautiful even in the early morning.
"where will you run to?"
"thats why i asked you to come, I might get lost"
"you could ring me if you got lost"
"and tell you to pick me up from where?"
"good point, did you run alot back in ireland?"
"yeah, me and my friends used to run every night and then when i moved i kept it up but i started running further"
"what age did you move at?"
"I moved out at sixteen, i got my first job at fourteen so I could start saving early"
"wow, you really were desperate"
"I know, but could you blame me?"
"no, not really"
"so tell me about your childhood, what was it like moving around all the time?"
"well, me and my brother got on great because we were only a year apart, so we were like best friends, we moved every few months so we only rented apartments i dont really kmow why we moved around so much though I was always told it was because they wanted to travel but i thought there was more to it"
"so if you always moved around how did you end up staying in new York?"
"when i turned seventeen, i was given the choice to stay with the family and keep moving around for another few years and then try to make it on my own or to go to college and get a proper education so I could make a good life, I still stay in touch with my family though they come around aswl some holidays"
"that sounds amazing"
"yeah, it was pretty good"
"Did you ever get sick of moving around so much? You know not being able to stay in one place and make friends and stuff?"
"no, not really as i said me and my brother were pretty close so I didn't want any other friends, and my parents knew everybody, so I did make quite a few friends but no real ones"
"thats sad, but atleast you had your brother"
"yeah, he's really fun i think you and him would get on good, if you know what i mean?"
"you really cant stop being a perv for five minutes can you?"
"nope" he said popping the p we eat our food and laugh for about an hour before heading back to the apartment.

"so, do you want to hang out today, I mean after the run to get to know eachother abit better?"jude asks me he seems a bit nervous, probably because he isn't used to asking a girl to hang out without having a condom at the ready.
"yeah, sure you ready for the run?"
"yeah, let's go"
We set off and run for about half an hour before stopping at a bench in a park.
"Did you run before?"
"yeah, kinda i used to run alot but it sorta just slid away"
"oh, so this is the only time we'll be running then?"
"no, well if you want me to I'd like to run more with you"
"yeah, that'd be great i didnt realise how much I missed a running buddy" he just laughs at this before saying.
"I'm just happy i won't be the one cleaning the sweaty clothes" he says with a smirk, I've got a feeling he's gonna be extra messy this week.
"you should be happy, and with the weather getting warmer you'll be sweating alot more huh?"
"yeah, come to think of it i am quite warm" he says while lifting his shirt over his head to reveal his tanned muscular body.
"if only I could do the same" I say fanning myself with my hand.
"go ahead, I won't judge" he says amusement clear in his voice and eyes.
"fuck off you perv" I say before we start heading back.

When we get back in he flings his sweaty shirt at me,
"here, you go cinderella"
"you fit the role for the step sisters perfectly" I say with a smirk.
"well, only if they got a sex change and plastic surgery maybe"
"whatever" I say gathering up the other laundry and heading down to the basement to wash the clothes.
"wait a sec Ans"
"no, your not giving me more laundry" I say to him before attempting to run down to lock the door.
"no, there isn't anymore, I'll come down and help you"
"that wasn't part of the deal"
"so? I feel bad after all you did spend two hours this morning cleaning up so just let me help with this ok?"
"ok then I guess I can't cut your clothes now then" I say with a smirk.
"I knew you were up to something"he says lightly punching my shoulder.
"atleast your getting to know me"
"when we're done do you want to watch a movie or something?"
"yeah, wait what sort of movies are you into?"
"I am not watching the notebook!"
"ok that's ok, what about a horror?"
"really, your into them?"
"ofcourse i love them"
"which one then?"
"I dunno, I haven't seen sinister in a while?"
"yeah, that's a good one"
"I can barely remember it, have you seen the devil inside?"
"yes, it's the shittiest thing ever, the nun on the front cover had literally nothing to do with it"
"I know the scariest bit was when the dog started barking against the fence" we Continue like this for the full half hour were stuck doing laundry when we're done we get comfortable in the sofa with popcorn and coke and get ready to watch sinister.