Chapter 2

Next few days were spended by visits from Molly and other doctors that will couldn't remember . It was also filled with visits from Hannibal. Through Mollly ,Will gathered that Hannibal was an surgeon on the same hospital before retiring and was now one of the highly respected psychiatrist. 

Hannibal visited will every day bringing him home cooked food and even spended hours with the man trying to build up conversation which was usually met with silence.

Will was awoken by delicious smell of food filling the small hospital room. As he sat up was greeted by Hannibal who brought out two containers.

"Smells delicious " will commented
"Silky chicken in a broth. A blackpooled bird prized in China for its medicinal value since the 7th century. Wolfberries ,ginseng ginger, red dates and star anise ." Hannibal said impressively
"........you made me chicken soup " will said dead panned. Hannibal looked back to will and replied "yes"

Will smiled a hint of amusement with a slightly tight feeling on his chest. They sat down on the table and began to eat the food in silence.

In middle of the meal hannibal cleared his throat indicating he wanted to say something which will replied by raising his eyebrows to let him continue.

"Your recovery has been going on very well Will. Now you can leave the hospital your medical bill has ready been paid for and since you have case of  amnesia I......I would like you to come and live with me till you fully recover physically and ......mentally."
Will looked at him surprised  " Doctor lecter I don't wanna be a burden "

Hannibal let out a small chuckle.
"Willium you can never be a burden to me. Infact it is partly my fault that you are in this condition. Please allow me to guide you. As you know I am a psychiatrist I can also maybe help you to regain your memory."
Will sat in silence regarding the situation . Yes he didn't know anything but his name and didn't even know where he would go after being discharged from the hospital. And hannibal could provide him shealter and guidance in his recovery . Besides he did enjoy the company of the doctor his words and his conversation were engaging.  He felt a connection with him something he couldn't keep his finger on .

Will nodded his head slowly and looked up to hannibal in agreement
"So when do we leave?"
"We can leave right after you finish your breakfast.  I will get the discharge documents " hañibal offered getting up and taking out a fresh pair of pants and shirt for Will in exchange of the hospital grown he has been wearing and left the room. Will looked out of the window to see that the sun  was warmly shining indicating a beautiful day.

After finishing the soup and wearing the fresh set of clothing will waited for hannibals return when molly entered the room carrying some of his medication.
"So your getting out of here ?"

Will nodded taking the pills and looked up to her.
"Well , Will it was nice knowing  you" she said softly
Will looked her in the eyes and felt .....guilt? For what ? Confused by the sudden feeling he smiled "let's hope i can get few screws together soon enough "
She chuckled "its tough to hold on to anything good . It's also...... slippery "
Will swallowed heavily blinking rapidly.

That caught him off guard. Suddey he felt a flash of headache and he stumbled backwards clutching his head. He looked up to see no molly but hannibal instead holding his arm steadying him .

"Will ,it's time to go. Can you walk?" Hannibal whispered.
Will could feel him taking his arms with half of his weight on hannibal they left the room.

A flash of white light illuminated somewhere above him . He could hear certain beeping of machines. A warm yet familiar voice murmurs  gently something he couldn't understand yet gives him a sense of security. He reaches out to it trying to grab it but suddenly  he feels a force pull him underneath.

Will wakes up with a start with sweat drenched shirt breathing heavily. He looks around to find that he was in a comfortable bed placed in a beautifully decorated dark room.

The only source of light illuminating  from outside the door followed by light music echoing through the hall ways. Will carefully got up to his feet and snuffled out the room through the richly covered purple walled Hall ways following the source of the music.

He arrived an big open kitchen with hannibal's back turned at him as he was preparing some dish. Will slowly walked in the large room taking in every detail.
Hannibal stopped working and seemed in high alert just for split second then resumed on cooking food.

"I see you have finally awoken Will."

Will sat down slowly as his wound hadn't healed properly.

" What happen ?how did I get here?"
"Seems like the medication had a slightly heavy effect on you Will also the fact that your not physically strong right now  hence you loss consciousness so I had to carry you and drive home."
"Your.....Home ?"Will asked

Hannibal turned around and looked at him intensely "home". He said smiling at will.

Will looked deeply into hannibal's eyes unable to look away or read any hint of emotion beneath that captivating dark misty eyes . Suddenly he felt more light headed than before.

"How was your sleep? If you don't find the room suitable I can get you another room "hannibal said resuming his work
"No- it's fine.its a big house "will noted
"Please feel free to look around as you will be living here . I will call you when it's dinner time "
"Dinner? How long was I out "
"Only for 3 or 4 hours "

Confused will looked out behind the heavy curtain and indeed it was quite dark outside and felt hannibals heavy gaze on him he left the kitchen. As he looked around the long hallways will could feel some sense of security than he felt back in the hospital. Walking around mindlessly he reached wooden door on the end of the hallway. Something compelled him which rose a keen interest within himself. He opened the door to be greeted with a large room filled with book cases and couches and office tables the room decorated with rich red wallpaper. He walked inside every step he took he took it with confidence as if he knew the place well. As he looked around he heard a small rushing sound from the dark corner of the room.

Will cautiously moved towards the sound darting his eyes in the dark trying to see properly. Just then a brown coated dog appeared out of the dark looking at Will for few seconds before moving towards him and crowding his legs. Will couldn't help but cracked a smile of relief as he bend down to pet the dog

"I see you have met him. Please come over will dinner is ready "hsnnibal said standing on the door
"Is he your dog?"
"Yes he is "  said hannibal smiling as will walked out the room with the dog following him
"What's his name ?"
Hannibal looked back at the dog and at will "Winston his name is Winston "