his dead "best Friend" pt.1

Hey, the names Tristan but call me tris, I'm 15 and um dead? Well let me explain. This happened maybe a 1 year ago? Sorry I have foggy memory so I'll try and tell my story the best I can. I was 14 and my best friend (who's name is Josh) was the same age as me but a couple months older than me. We loved to ice skate together on the weekends when our parents allowed us to we went down the ice skating rink, but josh always wanted to skate on the lake near my house but i would always talk him out of it but this time ... oh this time he wouldn't listen to me, he ran down to lake with his ice skates hanging off of his shoulder i followed him to make sure he didn't get hurt and next thing i know i'm at the edge of land before getting on the lake and josh was putting on his ice skates smiling i blushed a little his smile was a warm one a one that made you feel safe in a way.

I shook off the feeling i had and looked back at josh who wasn't in his original spot and now the lake waving me over josh says, "tris come on it's perfectly fine!" I sighed before putting on my ice skates. Josh skates over to me holding out his hands as he noticed i was sort of shaking josh says "come on tris it's not that bad" josh chuckles i say "fine" i grabbed both of josh's hands tightly as i did so mt body leaned forward as josh moved back to make room, i shut my eyes until i didn't feel the dirt anymore i opened one eye before opening both to see standing really close to josh note josh is somewhat taller than me so i was kinda just staring at his chest i feel my face turn red my thoughts were *there's no way i have a crush on my best friend, i mean my best friend since diapers my only friend...* my face lightened up as I slowly backed away so I could sorta look up at him.

A few minutes later we were practicing some spins. After a while i started hearing something like glass breaking but i shrugged it off but went closer to where josh was i sensed josh heard it to cause he told me "tris...don't move" i stopped as he said but looked behind me and saw a few cracks i tried my best to not move but slipped a little making the ice break from under me. Last thing I remember was Josh calling my name as the water flooded out my hearing to muffled words.

*sigh* that's everything i know for backstory, as they say i got lucky i even remembered that much of my past they said once you die your memories are practically erased *ahem* apologies that happens sometimes haha enough about my past lets go to the present, shall we?