Chapter 11: How Do I Feel?

A couple of days later, I was out with Brooke and Autumn, enjoying a little girl's day. And as I expected, all they wanted to talk about my date with Reza. It was question after question, after question but honestly I didn't mind. Everytime I answered, the fluttery feeling from that night came back. I had no issues reliving those feelings.

"How do you feel about your date?" Autumn asked.

How did I feel? I don't know if there are enough words in the dictionary for me to describe how I felt. It was such a magical night and everything about it had been absolutely perfect. I had never had a night like that. I felt so free. Like for once in my life...it was my life. No parents hovering over me, shoving rules down my throat. Just me and an amazing guy.

"I feel good about it." I replied. "We had a wonderful time and Reza was so sweet and it was just everything and more."

Brooke lughed and playfully udged me. "So what now?" She asked.

"What do you mean 'what now'?" I asked back.

"Duh, with you and Reza." She replied. "When's date number two?"

I nonchalantly rolled my eyes. "You know We can't just go on dates whenever. Reza performs practically everyday. We have to wait util he's free."

Which hopefully would be soon. We had texted and called these past couple of days since our date but I couldn't deny that I wanted a second date to happen. If I told them they were right, I'd never hear the end if it, but I did want something to happen between us. There was a connection there, I could feel it. And I wanted it to form a relationship. And hopefully he did too.

"If it makes y'all feel better, we talked about a second the last time we spoke." I continued. "We just don't have a day yet."

"Good." Autumn said. "We want you to be happy."

At least someone does. We rounded a few more shops and stopped for lunch. Just as we were finishes uo eating, I got a text from my dad that didn't sound good.

D: Ember Elizabeth Hayes, come home right now.

I swallowed nervously. Middle name never meant anything good. I told Brooke and Autumn and we headed back to my house. When we walked through the front door, my parents were waiting with crossed arms and agitated expressions.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Brooke, Autumn, would girls mind leaving?" My dad started. "We'd like to talk to our daughter in private."

"Sure, no problem." Autumn said, heading for the door.

"Call us when you get the chance." Brooke called out, following after her.

"I will." I said as they shut the door. I turned back to my parents. "Is everything okay?"

"No." My mom said. "You disobeyed us."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"This." My dad said holding up his phone.

I took my dad's phone and nearly dropped it when I saw what was on the screen. It was a picture of me and Reza from our date. Why did someone take photo of us and post it? I never saw anyone taking any photos of us. I looked at the account that posted it and noticed it was a fanpage for Reza which somehow made me feel slightly better.

"Since when do you guys look at Instagram?" I asked.

"That is besides the point." My father said. "You disobeyed us and went of a date with a boy."

"What do you have to say for yourself?" My mother asked.

I starred back at them for a moment. I felt my anger rising and the fact that they were getting worked up over absolutely nothing and were completely overreacting. "I don't see what the big deal is." I snarked. "It was just a date."

"You know the rules." My mother said.

"Well, you're rules are stupid!" I exclaimed.

"Ember, our rules are to protect you and keep you safe!" My father roared back.

"Safe from what? Protect me from what?" My hands had balled into fists. "I'm twenty-eight yeats old and you guys keep treating me like a child! I can handle myself. If you think I can't it's because you two have hovered over me and every aspect of my life every second and every minute since the day I was born! It's your fault that there are aspects of life that I don't know about or how to do, because you guys never let me do anything on my own! You don't let me live my own life!"

I usually wasn't one to get make or explode like that but, in this moment it felt amazing. All these emotions I had bottled up inside we're finally being released. I finally had one good thing in my life and I wasn't going to let them ruin it. I was finally happy and they were not going to take it away. They were not going to take away my chance at a relationship with a guy I actually really liked.

My mother tried to reached out to me but I stepped back out of her reach. "Because you're our daughter. We want you to be safe and we know what's best for you as your parents."

My mom put her arms at her side. "We will find you a nice boy, we promise."

"Who was that guy?" My father asked.

I sighed and brushed my hair back in an attempt to calm myself down. "He's the illusionist Brooke, Autumn and I saw. He and I had been talking for a few weeks now and he asked me on a date and I-"

"Are not allowed to see him again." My father interrupted me with a stern tone.

"What?!" I looked back and forth between my parents. "Why not?"

"Because he will not be able to provide for you or protect you." My father went on. "That is not a stable career. You'll be with who your mother and I decide."

"You haven't even met him." I objected.

"We're sorry, honey. But we've made up our minds." My mother said.

"And because you have lost our trust, you are not allowed to leave the house on your own." Mu father instructed. "You can only go out with us and if you want to hang out with Brooke and Autumn, they have to come here. Do you understand?"

I didn't say a word. With one last scowl, I turned on my heels and stormed upstairs to my room making sure to slam the door behind me. I trew myself on my bed and burried my face in my pillow. I felt like wanting to cry but I was to angry at me parents that no tears came out. I pulled my phone from my pocket and texted Brooke and Autumn.

E: Hey
B: Hey, what happened?
A: What did your parents want?
E: Someone posted a picture of me and Reza on our date and my parents saw it. Now I'm pretty much on house arrest.
B: are you serious?!
A: We're sorry, girl.
A: What did they say about Reza?
E: They said I'm not allowed to see him anymore.
B: That's so unfair. No offense, but your parents are the worst.
E: None taken.
E: Also if we want to hang out, you guys have to come here.
A: Okay. You want us to come over tomorrow?
E: Yes, please.
B: Want us to bring anything?
E: snacks. Just surprise me.
B: Okay. We'll be there around 10.
E: okay. I'll see y'all then.
B: Later.
A: Bye.

Once I texted them, I decided to shoot Reza a text and see if he saw the photo and to tell him what my parents said.

E: Hi, did you see that photo of us on Instagram? My parents did and they said I'm not allowed to see you anymore. I pretty much got put on house arrest.

I waited for him to reply but he never did. I assumed he might be doing rehearsal for a show or was getting ready for one. He'd see it, he's never left me on read.

I put my phone on my nightstand and changed into some comfier clothes. I laid back on my bed and closed my eyes and slept the rest of this awful day away.