𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

Valerie Cortez is a sensitive, beautiful, sarcastic, witty, and badass girl boss when she needs to be so basically all the freaking time!

Valerie was known for her extremely mysterious aura she never really gave anything
away unless you were her mother or her cousin.

Those two know everything
every problem, every feeling, every guy. Everything! They were basically like one whole person. Three peas in a pod.

Her mother Marisa a now single mother,
Gave birth to Valerie when she was just
Sixteen years old. The two have been inseparable since then. And her cousin was like her sister so you get the jist. She lived with them for a while before just recently moving back into her uncle's house.

Valerie and Marisa think of themselves as the Gilmore girls but Latina, and with bigger boobs.

Valerie has a younger brother, Mateo.
Marisa had given birth to him when she was just twenty-one, she was in a committed, loving relationship with her college boyfriend Brian, then unexpectedly out of the blue he proposed to her. the one. The one for him. His queen. His family his rock.
They had the perfect family he treated Valerie as if she was his daughter.

In the end after about eight years almost a decade of a faithful, loving, beautiful marriage, it eventually didn't end up being the fairy tale marriage life Marisa imagined. So Marisa filed for separation. But Brian he's still trying to revive
their love. Thinking that sparks just going to come right back.

Marisa, she knows it's never gonna happen but does he know that...?!

The whole situation for Valerie was unexpected and unbelievable. Valerie adored Brian.
She thought he was the best father role model anyone could ask for. She liked to think of him as a gift from god.

In all honesty, it did take quite a while for Valerie to get used to Brian and get over her actual father. So she really couldn't understand why her mother would divorce him her mother was head over heels for Brian, but she never really asked her the popping question. She just respected her mother's decision like a best friend would.

A/N: hey y'all just a short little back story on the Cortez fam added a face claim for Mateo's dad already.

💌