four.

Sam tried to lighten the mood by teasing the grumpy old soldier as the three walked side by side when John Walker and his partner approached them on a military jeep

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Sam tried to lighten the mood by teasing the grumpy old soldier as the three walked side by side when John Walker and his partner approached them on a military jeep.

"So, that didn't go as planned, huh?" The Captain America-wanna-be initiated a conversation and opened the back door for them, who pretended they didn't notice it and kept walking. Unfortunately, he couldn't take a hint and followed them to the back of the vehicle. "Look, at least we know what we're up against now, huh? And we're pretty sure it's one of the Big Three, so..."

"Aliens, androids, or wizards?" Sam added.

"Pretty sure."

"There's no such thing as wizards," Bucky and Lorna said again.

The male shot her a glare before facing ahead again.

"Then it's aliens or androids..."

"Or Super Soldiers," Sam quipped.

"Shit. Super Soldiers, for real?" John Walker's partner gasped.

"Wow," John breathed with faked awe. "All right, well, then we gotta work together."

"That's not happening," the pair denied in unison again.

"I think we stand a much better chance if we all just--"

"Just 'cause you carry that shield doesn't mean you're Captain America." The former assassin interrupted him.

The blonde man sighed in exasperation at their lack of cooperation.

"Look, I've done the work, okay?"

"You ever jumped on top of a grenade?" Bucky challenged.

"Yeah. Actually, I have. Four times. It's a thing I do with my helmet. It's a reinforced helmet."

Lorna rolled her eyes at his boasting. She couldn't stand that man oversharing about himself as if she cared to know about him.

One wasn't supposed to "do the work" to become Captain America. If it were so simple, anyone would become it. It was about character, not about skills. Steve was a scrawny boy from Brooklyn before becoming a superhero, and he was chosen for that role because of his beliefs and morals, not because he wanted to be famous.

"Look, it's twenty miles to the airport. You guys need a ride," John tried again, opening the back door one more time to invite them in.

The woman couldn't believe her eyes when Bucky and Sam hopped inside. She wouldn't get close to that man even if her life depended on it.

"I'm disappointed in you," she deadpanned towards Bucky before turning her lazy eyes to the object of her annoyance. "Unlike them, I don't need a ride, much less from you," she informed boringly. "Besides, they won't last long in that jeep anyway." She used her powers to fly away, leaving a bitter Bucky behind.

INNER DEMONS ▹ B. BARNES [slow updates]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें