A NEW FOUNDATION: NATURE VS NURTURE

Chapter 1: A New Foundation

"Like a house built on an unshakeable foundation,

when the rains fell and the flood came,

with fierce winds beating upon her house,

it stood firm because of its strong foundation"

Let it be known that between the death of my past life and the rebirth of my new life, I have become a new person.

Like the caterpillar who goes through the process of metamorphosis. I too traveled a similar journey of evolution.

For a butterfly, there are four stages. First, is their conception into an egg, from that egg they hatch, from the time they hatch they grow, and when they have grown they enter into the chrysalis stage. In this stage, their body is undergoing an incredible cellular transformation. Once it is time for them to emerge, they reach their final stage. 

Adulthood. 

It is interesting to see the similarities I share with such a small creature. 

Like the butterfly, I had undergone an almost exact replica transformation. For me, I had entered the world as a fetus, from that fetus I became a small child. Once a child, I had grown into adulthood. 

Here is where the journey for most ends. But I, still had an extraordinary transformation to complete. 

When the light of the miracle inside me grew, I had undergone a spiritual rebirth. All that I had become, became new. 

My mind, body, and soul transformed. 

Three years ago, in the midst of chaos, like a beautiful array of fireworks, I emerged new creation. 

...................................................................

In the time before, the mountains between Encanto and Pedro's river symbolized the barrier that protected Encanto from the dangers beyond. 

This mountain kept both the inhabitants safe and secure in its embrace, but it also kept Encanto trapped within.

No one could leave and no one could enter. 

Although the world outside moved on from the tragedies that transpired in my hometown. I did not. I allowed the fear of my past to dictate my future. My heart hardened by the tragedies I endured. I made decisions saturated in my traumas were,  over time the consequences of my decisions manifested themselves. 

That is why I now stand before that very mountain, the one which blocks the way to Pedro's river. The past will not repeat itself, like my granddaughter said it is time for a new foundation.

With my hands lifted, I beckon the light inside me to do its will. A golden rush blasts from my outstretched hands. Rocks immediately turn to dust, leaving behind a cave-like structure.

I walk forward.

Encanto is a safe haven from the war beyond these mountains.

For those who are called to Encanto by the miracle, there are three pillars you must journey through before entering. The wilderness forest. Pedro's river and the narrow cave. 

They are a creation of my miracle, protection against those who wish to bring harm but also a way to sift out those who are chosen. 

This is the path that others will soon follow.

I am Alma,

wife and matriarch of Pedro Madrigal

Leader of Encanto