wmh: chap five: take me back

PART ONE:
CHAPTER FIVE,
TAKE ME BACK TO THE NIGHT WE MET

IVA MERRITT-
VIENNA, VIRGINIA

        stepping into the shower, my hair reverts back to it's natural state. the curls form as i run the water through it.

i grab my towel, squeezing body wash on it.

MITCH RAPP-
VIENNA, VIRGINIA

once we get to the hotel and separate into our rooms, i immediately get out of my clothes and get in the shower.

i like iva as a person. maybe once she gets on this next mission, i'll have someone other than victor and hurley to talk to, besides the mission.

i feel like shit for feeling attracted to iva.

IVA MERRITT-

i feel guilty for liking jacob.

i'm cheating on kai. and he doesn't deserve me.

i cant believe myself. the first person i have felt like this towards in three fucking years.

i begin to cry silently, scrubbing my body harshly.

MITCH RAPP-

i'm falling in love again. with an cunning, slightly-demented mother that has amazing knife throwing skills and gun knowledge. she's stunning, with beautiful baby brown eyes, soft sepia brown skin-

      "rapp!"

        i hear a male voice call my name from outside the shower.

       frantically, i step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my waist. i pick up my pistol from my clothes. i look through the peephole and see stan.

       "we've got a problem with merritt," he begins, his hands in his pockets. "what is it, sir?" i question, my heart dropping. i hope iva's alright.

        "first, she doesn't have enough time for training when we go to stop ghost. and second," he hands me a phone with a device on it. "she's on the move. to you."

"w-w-what?" i stammer, shocked. "she tracked your phone using our technology," he sighs, looking up at the ceiling for a minute. "so she breached a highly classified government database that professional hackers can't even access?" i inquire, knowing i've something close.

"yeah, yeah. anyway, everyone else is moving floors for the night. we'll retrieve her from your room if anything happens. don't do anything stupid."

"wait, why do i have to deal with her?" i ask, agitated. "you're the one who decided to disobey my orders and got out the car. so, it's your fuckin' problem." and with that, hurley leaves.

       i close my door, and pick up my dirty clothes. i shove them into my bag, going to the bathroom, and getting dressed. 

IVA MERRITT-

         that motherfucker.

         he was undercover. helping me with my personal mission so i could help with theirs. and his name isn't even jacob north.

       his name is mitch rapp.

       once again, i leave micah at home alone, getting in my car to find rapp.

         his hotel isn't far. i slam my door, and take the emergency exit into the hotel. i run up the stairs, stopping to look at my phone. i begin searching for his phone's location.

      the screen glitches, then freezes.

      "hi, iva," mitch appears in front of me, in black sweatpants and a loose green t-shirt. "you lied to me," i growl, as mitch chuckles.

     "is this some sort of fucking joke to you? my husband and several other people were killed by these people!"

      "you really don't know, do you?" he still laughs, taking a step down the stairs. i glare. "what the hell are you talking about." i roll my eyes. "i'll tell you, but we can't talk about it here." mitch gestures to a close door.

      i huff, walking to his stair step. he opens the door, as i walk in first. he walks in behind me, the door slamming shut.

      we walk in silence to his room. he grabs a keycard from his pocket, sliding it through the slot. he turns  the handle, pushing the door open. i walk in, and sit down on his bed.

     he sits down next to me, running a hand through his hair. "the truth is, the cia is wants to recruit you. and they knew about your mission to kill those terrorists. first, they gave you a test," he starts, playing with his fingers. the car attack. that was a test? i thought i was going to die.

      "and then, my boss, myself, and another recruit named victor were going to serve as back up to help you." i give him a look. "not that you needed the help, our supervisor just made us. i disobeyed my boss by coming in contact with you and getting in your car to help you," he looks at me, and back at his hands. "the plan was to help you, then pick you up the next morning to take you on your first mission. but, since i interacted with you, all that shit was thrown to the wind." he laughs at the last part.

     i scoff under my breath. "your son is going to be in government protective services until you come back. besides, if you don't like this life, you can go back to your old one." mitch gets up, going to his bag.

     i get up, following mitch, forcibly turning him around. i push him against the wall, holding his arms. "look mitch. i'm not some mission. this wasn't some mission. i didn't do this shit for fun," i rage. mitch stares right at me, his eyes icy and distant. "everyone in this field has had some fucked up stuff happen to us," rapp steps closer to me, his minty breath on my face.

  "you think you're the only one that had someone die in front of you?" he hisses, the veins popping out of his neck. "at least you got to avenge yours." mitch says, shoving past me.

    i stand there, not knowing what to say. i just fucked everything up.

   "i'm-"

    "just get the hell out, merritt." he barks, turning off the light. he didn't call me iva.

    i open my mouth to speak, yet nothing comes out. i sigh, opening the door. "bye rapp." i manage to speak, leaving mitch's room and going to the stairs.