chapter 6: dinner dates for the insane

Peter had just finished making dinner when y/n and him sat awkwardly on the couch. Peter had been eyeing y/n hand for the last hour, never having the courage. Still so many questions burn in his mind. This isn't the way he thought his fantasy would go, somehow. But that made it hard for him to figure out next. All he wanted right now was to caress y/n naked body, sinking his teeth into her flesh. His mouth watered thinking about it until y/n snapped him out of it.

"Hey" Peter jumped a bit, he was so lost i thought. Y/n giggled to themselves before replying with common line. "You're a jumpy one, aren't ya?" Peter laughed a bit too "stop stealing my lines" there was a bit of a pause before y/n pointed something out. "Hey you haven't been as jealous or possieve as you usually are. Peter growled back unamused "what does that suppose to mean?" The sudden change in his mood brought y/n back to the fact that this man, was indeed unstable. But to be fair so we're you. You debated the next move in your head before replying. "Isn't that a good thing?" You asked Peter huffed "I guess, but don't say such horrid things about me." I sigh knowing I'd probably been to harsh. So I sit closer to him and put my hand on his. He paused at the warm feeling but the question still burned to be asked. He looked at me with blue eyes "what did you mean when you said 'Crazy recognizes crazy?" He asked. I wasn't sure how to answer that without him going actual crazy on me but i took my best shot.

"I've had my.. issues in the past. Issues with myself and other people of the sort. With as much love and respect that I can't say, and I'm not judging you on it, your not normal.." I squint my eyes shut waiting for the worst. I open my eyes to see him still full of anger. You only got away with that one because you said you had love for him. "I'm not normal either though. I don't think a normal person would pull a guy she barely knows, who has been stalking and breaking into her house after finding him staring at her through the window of a second story apartment." I pointed out. The delusion debated in Peter's mind if that were true or not. "I'm not trying to upset you I'm just saying I understand why you think it's okay, even when it's not. It's not okay you've been stalking me, it's not okay that you've threatened my friends and it'd not okay that you'd hurt people for me.. but it is okay just to be near me, to hold my hand." I smiled but the words did not sooth him instead drew him into a spiral.

"And who are you to say? I did it too keep you safe. Do you understand how much I worry when I can't see you? How my every waking thought is filled with you, the constant nagging and the fear? The love burns so deeply for you and yet all I am to you is a burden? Why won't you just let me lo-" I cut him off again. "But it's not love Peter, it's an obsession. You can't carry me away and put me in a cage. You can't own me. You can only love me." Peter's mind raced with thoughts of anger ready to take me. He will own me, he will keep me. He grabbed the nearest blunt object and tried to smash it over my head. The object collapsed and exploded not touching a hair on my head. The thoughts that spiraled throughout Peter's mind as he watched the person he loved unaffected by his force. His attempt to touch me failed. He looked at me with great surprise and anger.

"I did it for you!" I shook my head. "You did it for yourself." My voice grew stronger as I watched him spiral. "Every cut, every drop of blood, was to feed your obsession. I was fine before you" the boldness in my voices grew as the room became a dark void. I knew Pete had passed out. The dark void grew with whispers which repeated awful stories.

"You'll be left with nothing" one said 'you will never be loved.' Another whispered. I could only assume, the insanity of my mind has finally take over the game. Now the void of Peter's insanity is mine to untangle.